꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥𝓘𝓘: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓘𝓷𝓿𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓰𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓼 ༻꧂

Kazi slammed her fist on the map table, the sound echoing through the chamber. Days of strategizing and investigation and nothing to show for it. "This is maddening!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with frustration. "We have checked every lead, questioned every witness, and yet we are no closer to finding out who's responsible for these attacks."

King Eldarion stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Indeed, General Kazi," he began, his voice measured. "The lack of obvious suspects is... concerning."

Seraphinael, stood at Kazi's shoulder, his blue eyes scanning the maps. "Perhaps we are overlooking something," he murmured. "Have we considered all possibilities?"

"What possibilities have not we explored? We have dug up every old grudge and petty rivalry Althea might have had." Kazi rubbed her eyes, trying to think clearly.

"True," King Eldarion agreed, "but what about new threats? We have only been looking at the past. Perhaps there is someone or something out there that we have not encountered before, someone who's using these attacks to make a name for themselves."

"The only recent threats that occurred happened to The Kingdom of Ivamis and Niameda," Kazi pointed out. "After my brother-in-law King Kiyoshi, dealt with the Blightfang Clan, it would be foolish for the Blightfang to attack now?" she said. "After Kiyoshi's victory and the death of Madoc? They would be facing the combined attacks from Ivamis, Vortex, Arcane, and Althea."

Seraphinael pursed his lips. "You have a point, General. However, perhaps they have not learned their lesson. I heard they elected a new king after King Grawls and King Madoc's deaths. It is possible that the new leader may not have witnessed the consequences of attacking a coalition like this firsthand."

"Perhaps," Kazi said thoughtfully. "But we cannot rule out the possibility of a different culprit entirely. Someone new, someone seeking to exploit the chaos."

Seraphinael stepped forward, a map clutched in his hand. "Then let us expand our search perimeter," he suggested. "We will focus on the southern routes and investigate any recent reports of unusual activity near the boarders."

"Additionally, we should send inquiries to the other allied kingdoms – Ivamis, Vortex, and Arcane – see if they have witnessed any suspicious movement along their borders." Kazi suggested. "We should also consider the possibility that the attacks might not be aimed directly at Althea, but rather at weakening the alliance as a whole. If that is the case, our enemies could be attempting to sow discord among us."

"An excellent point, General," King Eldarion said, nodding. "I will draft a message to the other kings immediately."

Kazi turned to Seraphinael. "I will need you and your men to coordinate the southern border patrols. Keep me informed of any developments."

"Of course, General," Seraphinael said, nodding. "We will leave no stone unturned."

King Eldarion clapped his hands together, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Very good. I will leave you two to coordinate your efforts. Keep me updated on any progress." With that, he departed, his advisors and guards trailing after him.

" With that, he departed, his advisors and guards trailing after him