꧁༺ 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻: 𝓐 𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼'𝓼 𝓕𝓾𝓻𝔂 ༻꧂

Fury contorted Princess Athiel's face as K practically fled from her advances. Her eyes flashed with a storm of emotions – disappointment, possessiveness and seething fury directed at the innocent Uriel who stood beside her.

"You!" With a venomous tone, Athiel spat and pointed a finger at Uriel. "Stay away from K! He does not belong to you."

"Of course...Your Majesty. I would not dream of interfering in your...relationship with Sir K." Uriel's voice wavered as she spoke, her eyes darting away from the angry princess.

Athiel scoffed. "Relationship? We are destined to be together! The King has practically promised him to me."

Uriel gave her a small smile, "Destined, are you?" 

"Then perhaps fate has a curious sense of humour, would not you agree?" Uriel replied, calm with subtle hints of condescension.

Athiel's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?" she demanded, her curiosity momentarily overriding her anger.

"Well," Uriel said while seeming to be innocent, "while I was walking through the gardens earlier, looking for Prince Azrael at the Queen's request, I happened to see something...rather interesting."

Athiel's eyes widened. "Azrael? What about him?"

"Well, just a little...encounter," Uriel said, her tone brimming with subtext. "You see, I saw Prince Azrael...kissing someone."

A gasp leaked out of Athiel's mouth. "Whom? Whom did he kiss?"

Uriel bent closer; her voice almost audible above a whisper. "Why, Princess, none other than Sir K himself."

Athiel felt the realisation hit her like a blow to the body. Her jaw dropped in shock, her face devoid of colour. "K... kissed Azrael? But that is just not feasible," she stumbled.

"If I do recall, Sir K did say...he preferred...the company of...men," Uriel said, her voice trailing off as she watched the realisation sink in. "Perhaps it was not an accident that I happened to see them together. Fate, perhaps, has a strange sense of humour indeed."

Athiel's mind reeled. The image of K locked in a kiss with Azrael, the very idea of them being attracted to each other, filled her with a cold dread. This was not supposed to happen. K belonged to her!

"That is a lie!" Athiel shrieked, her voice cracking with hysteria. "You are making it up!"

Uriel's smile remained unfazed. "Believe what you will, Princess," she said smoothly. "But sometimes, the truth has a way of revealing itself, no matter how inconvenient it may be."

Uriel then bowed and hurried passed an equally stunned Athiel, leaving the princess to process the startling information and the growing realisation that her claim to K might not be as secure as she thought.