꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓥𝓘: 𝓐𝓿𝓸𝓲𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 ༻꧂

Days passed and Kazi, with Nia's help, managed to avoid Prince Azrael. Every time their paths seemed destined to cross – a turn in the hallway, a shared meal in the grand hall – Nia would intervene like a guardian angel.

Nia would pretend to talk about baby names or cravings. Another time it would be about the Niamedan army, pulling Kazi aside for a "strategy session." The conversations would flow naturally, but always managed to keep them from running into each other.

Kiyoshi, too, played his part. He would find excuses to take Azrael on impromptu tours of the city's historical sites, steering him clear of any potential encounters with Kazi.

The charade was exhausting, but it had to be done. One afternoon, Kazi spotted someone walking out of the library at the far end of the hallway. Before the figure was glowing with light and before they could take another step, Nia pulled Kazi away. "There you are, dear sister!" she cried, throwing her arms around Kazi. "I have been wanting to talk to you about the baby's nursery."

"Who is that person?" Kazi asked, her curiosity piqued. She glanced back at the figure in question, who had since disappeared into another room. "I did not recognize them."

"What person? Oh, you mean that man?" Nia asked, feigning innocence. "He is just a librarian here. He has been helping me research some old tomes on herbal remedies and such. You know, for when the baby comes." She smiled, batting her eyelashes. "He has been so helpful!"

"Oh okay," Kazi said, a bit distracted. "You were talking about the nursery?" She glanced back at the library again, still feeling a bit curious about the mysterious figure she had seen.

"Yes, I was talking about the nursery," Nia said, taking Kazi's hand. "I wanted to get your opinion on a few different colour schemes I have been considering."

"Alright. Lead the way," Kazi said, still somewhat distracted. Nia smiled and led her down the hallway, towards the nursery. As they walked, Kazi couldn't help but feel a nagging sensation that she was missing something important. The librarian, or whoever that person had been, seemed to be on the edge of her thoughts.

Once inside the nursery. Nia spoke. "A nursery filled with sunshine and butterflies! A stark contrast to the gloomy Ivamis decor, would not you agree?" She gestured to the walls, which were painted a bright yellow.

"Perfect," Kazi agreed, her mind still lingering on the mysterious figure from before. "But first, perhaps I should..." She trailed off, feigning a sudden cough.

"Absolutely not!" Nia interrupted before Kazi could finish. "You look pale! Go and get some fresh air. Do some sword practice in the courtyard! You would not want to return to Niameda rusty, would you?"

"You are right, thank you, Nia," Kazi said, giving her sister a grateful smile. "I will go get some fresh air."

Kazi hugged her sister and rushed to her chambers. Grabbing her armour, covering herself from head to toe in silver and black, she made her way to the courtyard.