꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓥: 𝓐 𝓣𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓟𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮 ༻꧂

꧁༺ 𝓓𝓪𝔂 3: ༻꧂

The chandeliers glittered above, casting their warm light across the marble floor of the ball room. Kazi, sat on a white chair, her hand tapping her knee impatiently. Three days. Three excruciating days of Althean delicacies, forced politeness, and empty promises. And yet still no sign of the king.

Across Kazi and her soldiers was a group of Althea women dancing, their movements graceful and fluid. The music was enchanting, a mix of strings and flutes that seemed to flow effortlessly through the air. Yet, Kazi couldn't focus on the performance. Her mind was boiling with frustration.

"Seraphinael," Kazi called out, her voice cutting through the soft music. The Advisor, ever present and always annoying, turned to face her. "General Kazi," he acknowledged with a slight bow. "How are you enjoying the... entertainment?"

Kazi shot him a glance that could have frozen water. "Entertaining," she drawled, "but not exactly the reason I am here. It has been three days, Seraphinael. When will I have an audience with the King?"

"Soon, General," he replied, the word a frustratingly empty promise. "The King values your presence and appreciates the urgency of your mission. He is simply... indisposed at the moment."

"Indisposed?" she repeated, her voice rising slightly. "Does 'indisposed' mean he is too busy enjoying himself to meet with us, or does it mean he is avoiding the issue?"

"The King's activities," he said, "are not for public discussion." His tone was firm, but not unkind.

Kazi leaned forward, her voice low and dangerous. "Let me remind you, Advisor," she said, "the attacks on our trade routes are a public concern. These delays are putting both our kingdoms at risk. Do you not see the urgency?"

"Of course, General," Seraphinael said, his tone smooth and reassuring. "I understand your concerns. I will do what I can to expedite the process. In the meantime, perhaps you would like to enjoy the rest of the entertainment?" He gestured towards the dancers, whose movements had now shifted to a more complex pattern.

"Perhaps, Seraphinael," she replied, her voice deceptively calm. "But allow me to offer a cultural exchange of my own. In Niameda, we do not appreciate being kept waiting, especially on matters of national security." With that, she rose to her feet, signalling her soldiers to follow suit. As one, they left the throne room, their boots clicking against the marble floor. Three days of frustration had become too much. She was a General, a leader, and she would not be treated like a mere guest any longer.

 She was a General, a leader, and she would not be treated like a mere guest any longer

꧁༺ 𝓓𝓪𝔂 5: ༻꧂

The Althean arena was unlike anything Kazi had ever seen. Kazi sat on a plush chair, her back straight, surrounded by her soldiers. Below, a group of Althean athletes performed feats of strength and agility, leaping over piles of sand, vaulting over wooden beams, and wrestling with each other in a display of raw power. The crowd cheered and jeered, their excitement understandable.