꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓘𝓧: 𝓐 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 ༻꧂

Relief washed over Kazi. For days, she had been dodging corridors, taking longer routes and strategically timing her leaving and entering of the palace to avoid having to interact with the insufferable prince. It was starting to feel like a game of cat and mouse, and she was growing weary of it.

Nia knocked on Kazi's chambers. As Kazi opened the door, she saw a mischievous look on her sister's face. "What is wrong with you today?" Kazi asked suspiciously.

"He is gone, Kazi! Prince Azrael left for Althea this very morning." Nia grinned, clearly enjoying the surprised look on her sister's face. "You do not have to worry about him anymore."

"Finally! Thank goodness!" she exclaimed, exhaling sharply. "I am finally free of that... that... nightmare!" Nia chuckled, stepping inside, and closing the door behind her. "I take it you did not miss him much?"

"Not even a little bit," Kazi answered, collapsing onto her bed with a sigh of relief. "It is like having an annoying fly buzzing around you all the time. Now that it is gone, I can finally breathe easily again."

Nia chuckled, as she sat down on Kazi's bed. "So, have you drafted that letter to King Eldarion yet?"

"Draft it, yes," she mumbled, avoiding Nia's gaze. "But sending it... well, that is a different story altogether."

"Are you thinking of changing your mind? About marrying him, I mean," Nia asked, gently.

"No," Kazi replied, shaking her head. "I have made up my mind. I am not going to marry him." She paused, considering her words before continuing. " I just have not gotten around to it, that is all. Royal duties and all, you know."

Nia was not convinced. "Uh-huh," she said, her voice dripping with scepticism. "Look, Kazi, I understand your reservations. The whole situation is a bit... unorthodox, to say the least."

"Unorthodox? Try infuriating! The man thinks I should be grateful to marry him because of his... ethereal beauty." She mimicked Azrael's voice in a high-pitched squeal, sending a shiver down her own spine.

Nia burst out laughing, her shoulders shaking as she tried to contain herself. "Honestly, Kazi, you should have seen the look on his face when he described you as his 'rude nephew.'"

Kazi groaned, burying her face in her hands even deeper. "Oh, Nia, you do not understand. It is worse than you think. He is arrogant, shallow, and about as brave as a field mouse!"

Nia's laughter subsided, replaced by a frown. "Well, that doesn't sound ideal," she admitted. "But have you considered... maybe giving him a chance? Getting to know him a bit better?"

"A chance? After the way he spoke of me? Absolutely not!" Kazi retorted, sitting up straighter. "Besides, even if I were to try, I do not think I could bear to spend any more time in his company. Every time he opened his mouth, it was like a dagger to the heart. I have never been so insulted in my life!"

Nia sighed. "Alright, alright," she said, holding her hands up in surrender. "But you have to admit, there was a certain... charm to his... misplaced fear of rabbits."

Kazi couldn't help but crack a smile. "Maybe just a teensy bit," she allowed, "but that is it. Just a tiny little bit." She paused, considering her sister's words.

Nia grinned. "See? There is hope for you two yet. Now, how about we get that letter sealed and sent off? The sooner the better, I say." She glanced at the clock, which read midday. "We have got plenty of time to finish it before dinner."

Kazi hesitated for a moment, "Alright, Nia. You win. But if this marriage actually happens, you are the one who has to explain my love of throwing axes to the royal etiquette instructor."