꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓧𝓧: 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓯𝓪𝓬𝓮 ༻꧂

Kazi followed Azrael's orders, making her way through the palace halls to the prince's chambers. Her heart raced with a mixture of anger, frustration, and fear. Every instinct screamed at her to refuse, to walk away from this ridiculous situation. But the weight of her mission, the knowledge that any defiance could arouse suspicion, forced her to follow him.

They reached his chambers, Kazi walked through another set of doors, and there, lit by the soft light of a few flickering candles, was the bathing chamber. It was a large room with a bathtub that could fit three or more people comfortably, marble floors and walls, and a fireplace in the corner. The air was warm, and steam rose from the water, filling the room with a soothing aroma.

There in the large bathtub was Azrael submerged up to his neck in warm water, his long white hair spread out around him like a halo. He looked up at her as she entered, his expression unreadable.

"Took you long enough," he drawled, his eyes gleaming with a hint of mischief. "Hurry up and get to work."

Kazi's hands clenched into fists. "Work?" she repeated through gritted teeth.

"My bath, of course," he replied, gesturing towards a stack of luxurious sponges and soaps. "What did you think I meant?"

Kazi's heart pounded a frantic rhythm against her ribs. This was even more humiliating than she had anticipated. Silently, she picked up a sponge and slowly walked towards the edge of the bathtub.

She knelt reluctantly beside the bathtub, avoiding eye contact with Azrael.

As she hesitantly began to scrub his back, her fingers brushed against his smooth skin, sending a jolt through her. Heat rose to her cheeks, and the air around them seemed to crackle with unspoken tension. Why was her heart pounding like this? Why did his bare chest send a shiver down her spine?

Kazi pushed these unwelcome feelings aside, focusing on her task. After a few tense minutes, she announced, "You are done, Your Highness."

With a sense of relief, she stood up, ready to escape this bizarre situation. But before she could take a single step, Azrael's hand shot out, grabbing her arm with surprising strength.

"Done so soon?" he said, playfully. Before Kazi could react, he yanked her towards him, sending her tumbling into the water with a surprised shriek.

Cold water engulfed her, taking her breath away. She sputtered and surfaced, glaring at Azrael, who was now bursting with laughter.

"This is not funny!" she snapped, her voice dripping with anger.

Azrael wiped a tear from his eye, his laughter subsiding into a chuckle. "Oh, K, lighten up," he said, his voice teasing. "It is a little funny."

Furious and soaked to the bone, Kazi realized the gravity of her situation. In her rush to get ready for bed, she had removed the cloth covering her chest, revealing her feminine form beneath her masculine attire. Panic surged through her. Instinctively, she reached across her chest, desperately trying to cover her wet chest area.

Azrael's laughter died down, replaced by a surprised look.

"Why are you doing that?" he asked, his voice suddenly serious.

Kazi stammered, her mind a whirlwind of panic. "I, uh, I get cold easily," she blurted out, the lie sounding pathetic even to her own ears. Without waiting for a reply, she scrambled out of the bathtub and bolted towards the door.

She did not stop running until she was back in her own chambers, slamming the door shut behind her. Leaning against the cool wood, she took deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart. Azrael's unsettling stare, the way his eyes had lingered on her chest, sent shivers down her spine.