꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓧𝓘: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓐𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 ༻꧂

A small smile formed on Kazi's lips as she approached the familiar oak doors of her father's study. The news she brought was a tornado of emotions - an exciting mix of love, optimism, and a tinge of worry hidden deep within. Taking a deep breath, she pushed open the doors and entered.

Governor Nari, his brow furrowed with worry, looked up from his desk as Kazi entered. Relief flickered across his features, momentarily chased away by a look of confusion.

"Kazi, you are back?" He said, his voice gentle, "I was beginning to worry. Ren seemed quite insistent that you needed some time to yourself." His eyes narrowed slightly. "Is everything alright?"

"Actually, Father," she began, her voice steady, "there is something I need to discuss."

Her father, gestured towards a chair, clearly sensing the gravity of the situation. "Of course, Kazi. Please, sit."

Kazi sank into the chair, her fingers nervously toying with the edge of her gown. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation that was about to unfold. "It is about King Eldarion's proposal," she said, the words tumbling out in a rush.

Governor Nari's eyebrows shot up. "The marriage proposal? What about it?"

"I... I have...reconsidered it," Kazi stammered. Her father's eyes widened in surprise, and his expression grew more hopeful by the second. "I have decided to accept King Eldarion's proposal."

"You have changed your mind?" Governor Nari asked, unable to hide his surprise. "Are you quite sure?"

"Yes, Father," Kazi replied, her voice steady.

The governor leaned forward, studying her intently. "What caused this change of heart, Kazi? You were quite adamant about refusing before."

Kazi remained silent; her lips pressed into a thin line. The truth, the exciting truth about her feelings for Azrael, was too precious to tell, especially with the weight of Azrael's words about deception hanging heavy in her heart.

Sensing her hesitation, Governor Nari softened his tone. "Kazi, you know you do not have to do this if you do not want to. The benefits of the alliance are important, but not at the cost of your happiness."

Kazi shook her head. "I... I want to do this, Father. I want to marry Prince Azrael."

Her father stared at her; his expression shocked. "Are you sure, Kazi? This is a life-altering decision."

"Yes, Father," Kazi whispered. "I am sure."

With a heavy heart, she stood from her chair and turned to face the door. The weight of her secret, the quiet prayer that Azrael would forgive her lies, was a burden she would bear alone. But, for the time being, the thrill of her decision, the prospect of a future with Azrael, warmed her heart and chased away the shadows of doubt.

When Kazi arrived at her chambers, she slammed the door shut behind her. With a happy yell, she threw herself into the bed and buried her face in a pillow. The weight of her secret, the relief of finally confessing to her father, and the anticipation of marrying Prince Azrael, was overwhelming. She rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling, her heart pounding with excitement.

Days turned into weeks, and news of General Kazi's unexpected decision spread like wildfire over Niameda

Days turned into weeks, and news of General Kazi's unexpected decision spread like wildfire over Niameda. In bustling marketplaces, murmurs circulated about the General's betrothal to Prince Azrael, their upcoming wedding, and the promise of a lasting peace between their kingdoms.

"Did you hear?" A young woman approached close to a farmer, her voice just above a mumble. "General Kazi!" Married? To a prince, no less!"

The farmer grunted, his face furrowed from years of hard work, wiping his brow with a calloused hand. "Yes, that is the talk. I overheard it at the bar last night. It appears that the General has finally given up her war paint for a wedding veil.

Across the market, a group of seamstresses gathered together, their fingers flying as they embroidered. "Can you believe it?" one woman gasped. "The fiercest General in Niameda, settling down with some pampered prince. What do you think he is like, this Prince Azrael?"

Another seamstress, a woman with a knowing look in her eye, chuckled. "Probably a prissy peacock accustomed to a life of luxury. But who knows, maybe our Kazi can take him yet!"

In a quiet part of the market, a group of young guys sparred with wooden practice swords. "Unbelievable!" cried one of the men, his voice filled with disappointment. "Our General, marrying a foreigner? What about Niameda? Who will lead us if she is off playing princess in some fancy palace?

His opponent lowered his sword. "There is more to this than meets the eye, I reckon," he muttered. "General Kazi would not just abandon her duty for some prince. There has to be a reason."

Whispers and speculation persisted in Niameda. Some considered the marriage as a betrayal, resulting in the loss of their most beloved warrior. Others saw it as a smart political move, an opportunity to strengthen Niameda's position on the international scene. But one thing remained constant: General Kazi's name, once a sign of strength, had become linked to an uncertain future.