꧁༺𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻 ༻꧂

As Azrael awoke, he felt a sharp pain in his side. Disoriented, he blinked, taking in the new surroundings: a tiny, dimly lighted cottage with rough-hewn wooden walls. An elderly woman sat opposite him, her wizened face lined with wrinkles deeper than any map he had ever seen, her stare steady and unsettlingly knowing.

"Easy there, young one," she rasped, gently pushing him back down as he attempted to stand. You have a big cut there. It takes time to heal.

Azrael cautiously stroked the bandages across his torso, cringing from the searing sting. This was the first time he had ever been seriously injured. A scar, a permanent reminder of this ordeal, was already forming.

"What happened?" he muttered; his voice scratchy.

The elderly woman tilted her head, her "There is not much I can tell you, son. I found you in the forests, barely alive. You are lucky."

A sense of panic washed over him. What about the forest? The last thing he remembered was his family on their way to an event, and he was on his way to the docks to board a boat for Niameda. He needed to return to Niameda, and specifically to Kazi.

"I need to get back," he replied, his voice becoming stronger. "Back to... Niameda."

A knowing smile flashed across the old woman's face. "Niameda, eh? It sounds like you have someone important waiting for you there."

Azrael's cheeks grew somewhat pink. "The love of my life," he blurted out, astonished that the words had left his lips.

The woman chuckled, "General Kazi, I presume?"

Azrael's jaw dropped. "How did you know?"

The old woman's smile grew as her eyes twinkled. "Oh, child, I know everything. More than you realise." She gently squeezed his hand. "Best wishes to you, young one. May the wind guide you home."

In an instant, she was gone. Just like that. Azrael glanced at the empty area where she had been, a confused frown etched on his face. Who was the woman? Was she some kind of sorceress?

But there was not time to dwell on the puzzles. He had a kingdom to return to, a love to confess, and a scar to describe. With a determined look in his eyes, Azrael pushed himself up, ignoring the searing agony. He needed to go to Kazi. He had a lot to tell her.