꧁༺ 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻: 𝓐 𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻'𝓼 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 ༻꧂

Azrael and Akiel sat on a bench outside the palace. Akiel, unable to speak words of comfort, sat beside him, offering a silent hand on his shoulder. A rustle in the leaves alerted them, and Concubine Coriel appeared out of the shadows.

"Azrael?" she asked, her voice tinged with worry as she knelt in front of him and studied his face. "Are you alright, my son?"

Azrael choked back a sob. "I am sorry, Mother," he said, his voice strained.

Coriel's brow furrowed. "What are you sorry for, my child?"

Azrael looked down at his hands, unable to meet his mother's gaze. "For being a disappointment."

Coriel's expression softened. "Oh, my dear, you are not a disappointment. Never, Azrael. You are my son, and I love you unconditionally." She hugged him tightly, pressing her cheek against his hair. "Tell me, is what Athiel said true?"

Azrael hesitated, then took a deep breath. "I... I do not know when it started, Mother," he confessed, his voice barely a whisper. "But yes, I have feelings for K."

Coriel's eyes softened with understanding. "Love knows no bounds, Azrael. If your heart truly belongs to K, then fight for it."

Azrael's eyes widened in surprise. "But... Father..."

Coriel smiled, a hint of defiance in her voice. "Leave that to me. I will speak to your father. If your love is genuine, he will eventually see reason."

A spark of hope flickered in Azrael's eyes. "Are you sure, Mother?"

Coriel squeezed his hand. "Positive. Now go, find K. Tell him how you feel. Do not let fear hold you back any longer."

Azrael stood up, determination coursing through him. "Thank you, Mother. You are the best."

Coriel watched him disappear into palace, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. She felt a sense of pride and determination welling up inside her. Her son, despite all the challenges and obstacles he faced, was finally taking control of his life. She knew that their path would not be easy, but she had faith in them.

Azrael, hurried back towards the gardens. The image of Athiel, sobbing in the Queen's arms, did little to faze him. His heart ached for a different kind of comfort, a different touch. He navigated the twisting corridors, his purpose singular: to find K.

He made it to K's quarters, only a hint of light peeking out from under the door. He was frozen in place when a snippet of conversation drifted out as he lifted his hand to knock.

"Is everything that Athiel said true?"

"Azrael... he is confused," K finally said.

"And you, K? Do you harbour any feelings for him?"

"Absolutely not. I am here for a mission, nothing more."

A bitter taste filled Azrael's mouth as disbelief overcame him. The hope that had driven his steps, the confession he had practiced, crumbled to dust. The weight of his unfulfilled love was crushing him as he stood there, silently.

Without a sound, Azrael turned away. His heart felt like a shattered mirror, each piece cutting deeper with every step he took. He did not need confirmation; K did not love him. He was just a confused prince, an unwelcome complication in K's carefully constructed life.