꧁༺ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓛𝓧𝓧𝓧𝓘𝓥: 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓪'𝓼 𝓓𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓶𝓶𝓪 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓣𝓸𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻༻꧂

Kazi winced as Princess Serena's rant echoed around the elegant sitting room. Nia, her brow pinched with concern, gave Kazi a compassionate look.

"And then," Serena fumed, "he began talking about the weather! Seriously, can you think of anything duller?"

Kazi forced a smile while trying to hide a sigh. "Perhaps he was just a bit nervous, Serena."

"Nervous?" Serena scoffed. "He seemed like a fish out of water! Seriously, Kazi, what were you thinking?

Kazi shot Nia a helpless look. When Nia detailed Serena's situation, Kazi suggested her childhood friend Ren, a devoted and capable soldier. Kazi was aware that he was not the most extravagant man, but she had hoped that the princess would appreciate his honesty and boldness. Clearly, she was mistaken.

"Ren is a good man," Kazi argued weakly. "He is brave, loyal..."

"And about as exciting as a sack of potatoes!" Princess Serena interrupted, raising her hands in frustration. "Look, Kazi, I appreciate your efforts, but I am starting to think marriage is not for me. Perhaps I will pursue an artistic career or become a warrior myself!"

Kazi chuckled uneasily, taking in the furniture around them. They did not need a princess carrying a sword in their sitting room.

Nia, decided to take a fresh strategy. "But Serena," she said gently, "have you considered that perhaps these men weren't showcasing their best selves because they were so... intimidated by you?"

Princess Serena's frown grew. "Intimidated? By me? Why would they be intimidated by me?"

"Because you are a Princess, strong-willed, and clearly intelligent," Nia listed with a smile. "Most men might find that a bit... overwhelming on a first meeting."

Serena paused for a while, a doubtful expression on her face. "Perhaps you have a point," she said hesitantly. "So, Kazi, what are your suggestions? Should I tone it down to meet these men halfway?

"Absolutely not!" Kazi exclaimed. "You are powerful, independent, and bright. "Those are qualities that any worthy man would value."

Nia nodded in agreement. "Instead," she suggested, "let us find a man who can keep up with you. Someone who appreciates your strength and intelligence, and who would not be afraid to challenge you in return."

Serena's eyes widened with a flash of renewed interest. "A challenge, you say. Now that is an intriguing idea."

Nia sighed in relief. Perhaps Kazi was not so hopeless at matchmaking after all. "Well, Princess Serena," Nia said, a humorous smile replacing her previous concern, "it appears you have a new goal. And Kazi and I," she smirked, "just could be the ideal team to assist you in achieving your goals."

The weight of the day sat on Kazi's shoulders

The weight of the day sat on Kazi's shoulders. She slipped out of her armour and into a modest nightgown, calling for Azrael. Silence welcomed her. With a sigh, she walked towards the bathing chamber, hoping that a relaxing soak would relieve the strain in her muscles.