꧁༺ 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻: 𝓗𝓲𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓞𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 ༻꧂

Azrael lay in his chambers, restless. He couldn't sleep because his mind was consumed with thoughts of K. His concern for K's well-being gnawed at him, pushing him to check in on him. Despite the late hour and the physician's instruction that K needed complete rest, Azrael couldn't escape the feeling that he needed to make sure K was fine.

With a groan, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and got up. He moved quietly, his footsteps barely noticeable against the stone floors, motivated by a desire to see K for himself.

As he neared K's chambers, he paused to observe movement down the hall. His heart lurched as he watched K lean against the wall for support. K's normally vibrant presence looked dull, his movements tired and slow. Azrael's concern grew.

Then, from the shadows, another figure appeared. Azrael's heart fell when he recognised Ren. Ren's smile crept across his face as he cried out, "K!"

Azrael's fingers clenched at his sides as he watched Ren rush up to K and draw 'him' into a hug. Jealousy poured over him, hot and bitter. He despised how easily Ren could touch K; how close he was to him.

Azrael remained hidden, not want to reveal his presence.

"I heard about your injury," Ren continued, his voice full of concern as he backed away from the hug. "Everyone's been discussing it. I was so worried!"

K managed a small smile. "It is nothing serious, Ren," 'he' reassured him, forcing 'his' voice to remain calm. "Just a few scratches."

Ren looked at 'him' sceptically. "Scratches? You nearly got killed by a changeling, K!" His voice grew softer with concern. "You should not be out of bed. What are you doing here?"

Azrael felt his heart twist as he saw K shift uneasily beneath Ren's gaze. "I just needed some water," 'he' whispered, sounding like a child who had been caught disobeying.

"Water?" Ren lifted an eyebrow. "Seriously? Couldn't you have just called for a maid? You should be resting."

There was a trace of annoyance in Ren's voice, mingled with protectiveness. Azrael's jaw tightened. K groaned in response. "I do not want to bother anyone," 'he' replied defensively.

Ren laughed, a sound that grated on Azrael's nerves. "Do not be silly. Allow me to fetch it for you. You go back to bed and rest."

K hesitated, and Azrael could see the struggle in 'his' eyes before 'he' swayed slightly, dizziness taking its toll.

Ren grabbed K's arm before 'he' could stumble. "See?" he asked, his voice full of mild pleasure. "Return to bed with you. I will be right back."

Azrael could not take it anymore. The sight of Ren holding K, and their relationship with each other, was too much. His heart ached from a combination of jealousy and longing. He turned and walked back to his quarters without saying anything, his head racing with emotions.

Azrael leaned against the door as he closed it behind him, breathing in shallow gasps as he tried to calm his racing heart.