33} Rallying The Troops

"Well?" They heard her ask as she approached with her clacking heels. Five held the bag out to her without even looking, "Ah! AJ!" She started to cackle and coo at the little fish, "You know, you two are really starting to fill out those tight shorts and skirts of yours. Why so quiet? Thought you two would be buzzing after the morning's slaughter."

"All this killing..." Five started, "we're done with it."
"What? Am I supposed to take that seriously?" She took out a handkerchief and started to dab blood off of Five's face, which Jenna swatted away.
"What we did today," Five explained, "We did for our family. We did it to save the world."
"Please. Spare me your little assassin with the heart of gold routine, will you? Here," She handed them a briefcase, "Per our agreement, this will get you two and your siblings slash in-laws back to 2019. You have ninety minutes."
"What the fuck?" Jenna kicked the Handler as she was walking away, "You said nothing about a time limit."
"Actually, you have eighty-nine minutes and thirty seconds. Better hurry."
"This is impossible, okay?" Five was aggravated, "My siblings are scattered across the city."
"Nothing's impossible. You proved that this morning when you killed the board."
"We need more time."
"Any more time, and people will start asking questions. The sooner you get home and out of this time period, the better off we'll both be, so, ticktock, ticktock."
Jenna flipped her off before Five spatial jumped them back to Elliott's.
Oh, shit. Elliott! Fuck...

Jenna burst through the front doors of Elliott's place as soon as Five got them there.
"Where is he?" Jenna screamed.
She saw a blanket draped over Elliott's dad's old dentist chair upstairs, so she ran as fast as she could to the top. Five quickly followed behind her and slowly pulled back the blanket so Jenna wouldn't have to. Upon doing so, Elliott's body was revealed to be beaten and bloody. All of his teeth had been ripped from his mouth and he had multiple stab wounds along with a hefty puddle of blood under the chair to complement it. Jenna covered her mouth with her hand and started to cry all over again.
"Hey, Elliott?" Jenna heard Bill call from downstairs, "I just got you some more film stuff that you asked for. Sorry I wasn't here last night I- what the fuck happened?"

For the first time in a few days, Jenna willingly hugged Bill once he reached the top of the stairs.
"He's gone..." Jenna cried, "I tried to help, but- but I couldn't."
"Ah, shit," Bill wrapped one arm around Jenna and dug the other in his hair, "I should've come last night, this is my fault-"
"I should've stayed last night," Jenna cut him off, "It's not your fault, you would've just ended up dead too. I'm glad you weren't here."
Jenna pulled away from Bill and wiped her eyes to fully take in the sight of her residence. As she looked down below, she saw Öga För Öga written in Elliott's blood on the floor.
Those Swedish bastards!

"Uh, hello, Olga?" Jenna looked to see Luther talking on the phone then looked to Diego, "It's her. She sounds old. What should I say?"
"Just..." Diego urged him to continue.
"Excuse me, ma'am. Um, I was just wondering- what? My name? Is, uh, Luther Hargreeves, and-"
Diego took the phone from him, "You killed one of ours, Olga, now we're coming after you. You will be dead by nightfall."
"Hey," Five broke them up, "It's Öga För Öga, idiots."
"Yeah," Jenna sniffled, "it's Swedish for 'an eye for an eye'. The Swedes killed my dear Elliott, not Olga, or whoever you're talking to."
"Wrong number," Diego said into the phone, "Have a lovely day."
"Who the fuck are the Swedes?" Bill threw his hands in the air, "And why did they kill my best friend?"
"They're skilled assassins that've already tried to kill us," Jenna explained, "I'm surprised they haven't gone after you too."
"Skilled assassins, aye?"
"Yes, Five and I are also trained assassins, so I don't know what else you want me to say here, Bill."
"I don't know, maybe that Elliott isn't dead and that this is all in my head."