39} The Fight Begins

Jenna and Bill followed Vanya to the car. Jenna hopped in the passenger's seat, Vanya in the driver's seat, and Bill in the back. Right as Vanya started up the car, Klaus opened Jenna's door.
"Sis," He shooed his hands at Jenna, "Scoochy. I need to get in. So, so, so..." He sat next to Jenna and squished her in the middle, "Ben, huh? Gone forever? Isn't he?"
"He traded his life for mine..." Vanya explained, "while he saved the world in the process."
"Pfft. Show off. But did he... say anything about... me?"
"He wanted me to tell you that he was too scared to go to the light. It wasn't you that made him stay."
"Oh," Klaus chuckled in deep thought, "that little shit-heel. All these years, and I thought it was my fault that he didn't take his ticket to heaven."
"Look, I'm sorry, but... you should get out, cause we need to-"

"Oh, no, I'm coming with you guys. I can't let you guys face the unknown alone, right?"
Diego and Allison soon walked to the car and got in the back with Bill.
"Got room for two more?" Allison asked.
"What about the Commission?" Vanya asked, panicked.
"Well, might as well do some good before we die horribly," Diego shrugged.
Five opened the passenger's door and peered in.
"Five, you... you don't have to-" Vanya pleaded.
"I know," Five rolled his eyes, "But I'm doing this one for my wife. I owe her for everything," He smiled at her lovingly and then glared at Klaus, "Children ride in the back."
Klaus threw himself over the seat and landed in Bill's lap.
"Oh, my groin..." He squeaked out.
"Sorry buddy," Klaus patted Bill's knee as he sat half on the ground and half on Allison's lap.
"Guys, I don't know what to say," Vanya smiled as she looked around the car.
"Thank you, Five," Jenna leaned her head on Five's shoulder.
"No problem, Babe. I owe you too much to not help out. Seeing my old self really made me realize how big of an asshole I was and I'm just so sorry you had to deal with that."
"Well, I'm glad you've fully come to your senses- whoa."

Everyone turned their heads to look at the trunk as Luther opened it and got in, weighing the entire back end of the car down.
"Anyone makes a fat joke, and I'm outta here," He sighed.
Jenna chuckled as she looked over at Five, "I guess King Kong makes sense now."
"Shut up before he hears you."
"Or I can just turn on some music, Lovey."

~

The drive to Sissy's farm was fairly fast and made even faster with Jenna's music and horrible singing to accompany it. She played Electric Love and sang her heart out, which meant a lot of out of tune screaming.
"Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle!" She yelled, "I can't let you go now that I got it. And all I need is to be struck by your electric love!"
"Seems like Five's already been struck by her electric love," Klaus snickered.
"Yeah he has," Bill high-fived Klaus.
"Whoa, holy shit," Diego stuck his head out of the window as they pulled up to Sissy's farm.
Jenna stopped her singing as she felt electricity all around her crackling. She too looked outside to see only Sissy's farm coated with snow and a small contained thunderstorm occurring just above Sissy's barn.
"Harlan's in there," Jenna pointed so Vanya could see, "I didn't know there'd be lighting involved or I could've gone alone."
"No, no," Vanya put a hand on Jenna's tense arm, "I need to do this. It's my fault."

Vanya quickly parked the car and everyone got out as soon as they could.
"Do you think whatever's going on inside is causing the cold front?" Diego asked.
"What do you think, genius?" Jenna rolled her eyes and walked away from him.
"What? I was just asking!"
A blonde woman appeared from the barn holding and pointing a shotgun at the Hargreeves family.
"Sissy! Sissy!" Vanya yelled to her.
"Get back!" Sissy cocked her gun.
"Sissy!"
"All of you, just get the hell back!"
"Sissy! Hey! Hey! What's wrong?"
"Carl."
"What did he do to you?"
Sissy started shaking her head, "He's... he's dead. Harlan tossed him aside like a rag doll, same way you sent those policemen flyin'. What did you do to him?"
"Sissy-"
"What the hell did you do to my son!?"