25} Found Family And Broken Hearts

"Ahhhhh!" Diego screamed as Lila tended to Diego's wound.
"Shhh," She retorted, "Don't move. This thing is very finicky."
"Need help?" Jenna walked in, sipping a glass of orange juice.
"What happened?" Diego questioned.
"Oh, nothing. Just me saving your stupid life and Lila fixing you up is all," Jenna smiled down at him.
"Were you following us then?" Diego scrunched up his face.
"Hey, how about a little gratitude, knife boy," Lila rolled her eyes, "If I hadn't followed you idiots, you'd be dead because you weighed too much for Five and Jenna to carry. This is twice now, by the way."

"Where are my clothes?" Diego looked down at his half-naked self in horror, "The hell happened to my clothes?"
"I put 'em in the wash, dipshit," Jenna told him, "They were covered in nasty ass blood."
"Hey, I said don't move!" Lila snapped as he began to sit up.
She scorched his skin with the tool she was working with and he passed out again.
"There. That's better."
"So, Lila," Jenna walked up behind her, "Wanna tell me what you're doing here?"

"I have no idea what you mean, Jenna. Why can't I be here?"
"I don't know what you're playing at, but leave my family out of this."
"Oh, Jenna. I have no ill intentions here. What if I said that I ran away?"
"I wouldn't believe you. Here, you need to start from the other end of his wound or it won't heal properly."
"God, fuck off. Stop pretending to be my mom, Jenna. I'm not your replacement for your actual dead kid."
"Fuck you. I did so much for you. You'd be dead if it weren't for me, you little shit. Your mom was going to overwork you."
"She'd never do that. She loved me- does love me. And I'm not sorry about your kid. It was his own damn fault."
"Fuck you-"

"So," Five took a sip of coffee as he spatial jumped from another room, "You two kept him alive I see."
"Disappointed?" Lila fake pouted.
"Oh, to see you? Always."
"So much hostility in such a tiny package. I see why you and Jen over there are such a good fit. Oh, lord. Did you cut yourself shaving? I'm sure your wife could teach you to shave like a big boy."
"Come here," Jenna sighed and removed the handkerchief that he'd been holding to his neck since she gave it to him.
"I just ran into an old family friend is all," Five winced as Jenna tried to gently heal his wound, "Thanks, Love."
"Have fun with your conversations, you two. I'm gonna go look for Bill and Elliott."

Jenna wandered into Elliott's room to find him fast asleep in his bed while Bill was tucking him in.
"You're back I see," Bill dusted his hands off on his pants.
"Yeah. Is he alright?"
"Oh, Elliott's fine. How about you? Are you hurt at all?"
"Actually, I was the only one to make it out without a bad injury, surprisingly. Five got his neck scratched by Pogo the chimp and Diego almost died from being stabbed by his father. Just peachy for them."
"Well, shouldn't you be out nursing them both back to health? You did a hell of a job with me."
"Nah. I already healed Five and Lila's got Diego. Hey, you wanna start a movie with me in my room? You know, so we can let Elliott sleep?"
"I don't know if Five would be too comfortable with that."
"Oh, he'll be fine. Come on."

They walked out across the hall to her room, "Hey, Sweetie?" Jenna called to Five.
"Yes, Love?"
"If you need me, I'll be with Bill in my room watching a movie."
"That's fine. I'll be messing around with some of Elliott's equipment here. I love you."
"Love you, too. Again, come get me if you need anything."
"Will do. Have fun."
"See? I told you he'd be fine."
"You're right," Bill put his hands up in surrender, "What are we watching?"
"No clue," She pulled out her compact case and pulled out her small VHS player along with The Breakfast Club.
"What in god's creation is that?"
"A way to watch movies in the future. This is one of my favorites. My best friend watched it while I was gone for a while and shared it with me when I was back. It means a lot to me."
"Well, then it must be fabulous."