15} Peculiar Conclusions

Why can't I stop waking up in pain? Ugh, my head hurts so much... Wait, Five? Is he okay?

Jenna tried to sit up, but was slowly ushered back down by Five. He had one arm draped around her while the other had been messing with her hair.
"Hey, Angel," He smiled at her, "How'd you sleep?"
"Perfect. No nightmares last night. Are you alright? That was a pretty nasty wound, Five."
"I'm doing fine thanks to your lovely skills. How's your head? I noticed new stitches back there."
"Hurts like a bitch, but I don't wanna drain myself fixing it right now. I'm young again. I'll heal fast. Don't worry about me, isn't that what you always tell me?"
"Yeah, but I'll always worry about you. We always throw ourselves into danger and never the other. It's our toxic traits. Red flags if you will."
"I'd say we're more caution flags than anything."
"That seems about right."

"So, bucko, you gonna button up your shirt and go get a move on with me, or are we gonna lay here like bums all day?"
"Wow, I seem to be rubbing off on you."
"Eat a sock, pocket watch."
"Glady if it's yours."
"Ewww. Gross. Come on, lazy ass."
Jenna grabbed both of Five's hands and yanked him out of bed. She would've gladly laid there all day with him, but time was ticking on the end of the world and they needed to save it. Then, they'd have all the time in the world for a fresh start.

He ended up changing into a nice, clean pair of pajamas, lending a set to Jenna as well. They made their way downstairs after hearing Klaus yell down the hallway while ringing an oversized bell to 'wakey wakey, eggs and bakey'.
"Here," Klaus poured Luther a cup of coffee, "This'll fix you right up."
Five snatched it from him and took a sip for himself. Jenna rolled her eyes and made her way to the fridge where she found some apple juice. She hated coffee and there was no orange juice, so it was her best option. She made her way back over to the table and sat next to Five.

"Jesus!" Five spit his coffee back into his cup, "Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?"
"Can we get started please?" Luther winced.
"Anyone seen any of the others?" Klaus looked around, "Diego? Allison? No?"
"I think they both left after Five and I passed out," Jenna shrugged and sipped her juice. Five stole it from her after and took a sip as well.
"All right, then," Klaus clapped his hands together, "this is the closest thing to a quorum...that we're gonna get. Now, listening up. There's no easy way yo say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out."
"This is a bad idea," Jenna heard Ben say from across the table. She smiled at him and gave him a wave that he returned, "He's an idiot."
Jenna mouthed 'I know' back at him.

"Klaus-" Luther sighed.
"I conjured Dad last night," Klaus spit out.
Silence followed as everyone tried to comprehend.
"I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years," Luther pointed out.
"Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da!"
"Yay!" Jenna clapped, "I'm so proud of you! I was sober for thirty years until... Well, I'm working on it again. Congrats to you, though."
"Thank you, Jenna," He smiled, "I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this... conversation with dear old Daddy himself."
"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther grunted.
"Top shelf," Five messed with his coffee, "Next to the crackers."

"Hey, hey, hey," Klaus waved a spatula at them, "This is serious, guys, all right? This really happened, I swear."
"Okay, fine. I'll play," Five replied, "What did the old man have to say?"
"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right? But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because..."
"Wait for it," Ben eyed Jenna.
"...He killed himself."
Luther stared at his brother with a look of dumbfoundment, "I don't have time for your games, Klaus."
"I'm telling you the truth, Luther. I'm telling you the truth."
"Why'd he do it then?" Five questioned.
"He said it was the only way to get us all home again. He also mentioned Jenna, how he knows you is beyond me, but he talked about you."
Jenna furrowed her brows, ready to ask a question, but Luther cut her off.
"No," Luther defended, "Dad wouldn't just kill himself."
"Ah," Five pointed out, "You said it yourself. He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night."