10} Bubble Baths and Probability Maps

"Klaus!!!" Jenna yelled through the Academy, but was left with no reply.
She continued to yell until she finally found him in the hallway.
"Klaus-" she turned and her face fell as soon as her eyes landed on his face. "Oh, you poor thing. What happened, sweetie?"
He completely broke down and collapsed into her arms. She patted him on the back and buried her other hand in his hair to help comfort him.
"It's gonna be okay, alright? I'm here. You're gonna be alright."
He pulled away and sniffled. Jenna finally got a good look at his face. It was covered in streaks of dirt, blood, and tears.
"Come on, Klaus. Let's get you in a nice, warm bath."
He just needs someone right now. I feel so bad...

Normally this would be very weird to Klaus, but he wasn't doing well at all and her comforting, motherly presence was what he needed. Jenna had started the water, warming it up just right and putting bubble bath in to help provide him some privacy with the suds. Once he submerged himself, Jenna took it upon herself to help wash his hair and face because she knew that he wouldn't on his own.
"You can talk to me if you'd like," Jenna said just above a whisper.
"I- I lost someone..."
"Oh, you poor thing. I know what it's like to lose people close to you. Were they important to you?"
"I loved him..."
"I've lost one of my best friends and had my son die in my arms. I never want anyone to feel what I've felt, and here you are. I'm so, so sorry, Klaus. I'm here for you."
"You know, I knew I liked you. Even back at rehab. Why are you so nice to me?"
"Because everyone deserves kindness until they lose their privileges. And you, my brother, aren't even close to losing kindness privileges from me."

"His name was Dave," Klaus blurted out, "And... you won't believe me."
"Try me. I've fought weird monsters from another dimension and worked for an organization that corrects time. It's really hard for me not to believe something."
"I was kidnapped by two masked people and then I stole a briefcase from them when I escaped. When I opened it, I was in Vietnam on a military base and I met Dave there. He died right in front of me... I- I couldn't do anything."
"Those people were ex-coworkers of mine and they are assholes. As for the briefcase, that's how we time travel and you just happened to get it while it was set to a bad time."
"War... it was just so... horrifying."
"I know. I've fought in World War II. Had to watch my partner die. It's so unbelievably hard to deal with. Now, I hate to say this, but I think it's time to get out of the bath now. I'll give you some privacy, okay?"

Jenna left the bathroom and closed the door behind her. That was a lot for her to take in. If only she'd tried harder when Hazel and Cha Cha invaded, Klaus would never have had to go through that. She'd lost so many people in her lifetime and it pained her to see the people she cared about lose loved ones. As Klaus changed, he was left to reflect on everything. Helicopter noises started to drown out his thoughts of how kind Jenna had been towards him, even though they'd barely gotten to know one another. He slid to the floor covering his ears trying to block out the horrified screams of his comrades, gun shots, and propellers.
Go away! Go away! Jenna... help... please...

As Jenna wandered back to check on Klaus, she found him in his bedroom along with Five in the hall examining the bloody footsteps on the floor as well as the blood streaked on the edge of the tub. He gave Jenna a questioning look, and her face softened, trying to tell him that his brother had gone through a lot. He nodded and knocked on his brother's door as soon as Jenna stood next to him.
Please act nice, Five.

"You okay?" Five asked him.
"Hey," Klaus jumped slightly but calmed down when he saw Jenna again, "Yeah, I just... long night."
"Klaus-" Jenna got cut off.
"I'm trying," He told her, "Like you said, it'll be okay."
"Looks like you had more than one bad night, from the looks of it," Five tried to pry slightly, but he knew Klaus would be hard to crack.
"Yeah."
"Don't remember the dog tags," Five looked at Klaus' chest.
"Yeah, they belonged to a friend."
"You match me now," Jenna pulled out Sam's dog tags from her compact case. They were her partner's before he died on their mission.
"How about that new tattoo?" Five further questioned.
"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night."