20} Curtain Call

After about a mile of running, or limping with aid for Jenna, the Hargreeves made it to the theater for Vanya's concert. They sprinted up the steps of the venue and could hear her violin echo line through the halls. Before they all ran in, Allison held up a note to Luther that read 'I need to go alone'.
"Allison," He told her, "I can't let you do that, all right? She's beyond reasoning."
"You hear the music!?" Diego yelled at him, "It's started."
"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen?" Luther asked Allison, "After everything that's happened?"
"We don't have time for this!" Klaus muttered impatiently.
"Okay," Luther nodded and gave in.

Before Allison entered, she looked back and grabbed Jenna's hand, silently asking her to go with. Jenna smiled at her, but told her, "You've got this. I won't be helpful."
Allison nodded sadly and rushed up the steps.
"You're using her as a distraction, aren't you, Luther?" Jenna turned to him, "Cause I know for a fact that you'd never let her in there by herself."
"Yeah, I am," He sighed, "But she'll thank us later."
"So, what's the plan?" Klaus asked.
"Uh, you wait out front," Luther told him.
"What?"
"Yeah, you're the lookout."
"The lookout?"
"Klaus?" Jenna looked at him, "I'm sorry Luther's being an ass right now, but we do need a lookout and Batman and him are too high strung to do it. Plus, I need to protect them or their egos will lead them to getting hurt. You've got this, Bud."
"Thanks, Daddy Jenna. You make me feel so cozy inside," As she walked off, he muttered, "I can still be mad, though."

Jenna caught up with the other two and Diego quickly put his arm around her again making sure she could walk properly. Luther led them all backstage where they stood and listened for a moment.
"She sounds so beautiful," Jenna whispered to Diego.
"Yeah..." He whispered back in awe.
They were both soon snapped out of their trances by Luther signaling for them to go from across the stage. He counted down on his fingers; Luther and Diego sprinting at one. Vanya stood up and blasted a massive sound wave knocking them to the ground at the foot of the stage. This also triggered the entirety of the sold out house to leave out of fear. She pushed the orchestra back down as well to keep them playing.
Holy fucking shit.

Jenna slowly approached her from the side of the stage and told her, "Vanya! You sound great! Can we please talk-" As soon as Jenna said 'talk', Vanya threw her to the ground. Luckily, Jenna created a shield to break her fall. Jenna ran to where Luther and Diego were hiding and crouched with them.
"She's stronger than expected," Diego commented.
"Yeah," Luther said and was hit with a purse by Allison from the row next to them. Jenna shimmied her way through the seats and over to Allison.
"Sorry," Jenna patted her shoulder, "It was the best idea. You can't even talk."

Allison glared at Luther and he replied, "Look, I almost lost you once, all right? I wasn't about to lose you again."
"Well," Diego added in, "So much for the element of surprise. What else you got?" Allison started pretending to play a violin, "No shit, Allison. Tell us something we don't already know."
"She's talking about the violin, idiot," Jenna snapped, "It's her lighting rod. We have to take it from her to get her to stop playing. Then we might have a shot at beating her."

Out of literal nowhere, bullets started to fly all around them just like at the bowling alley moments ago. Everyone ducked and Vanya even allowed the orchestra to leave.
"What the hell happened to Klaus?" Diego yelled, "He's supposed to be on lookout."
"Yeah, you surprised?" Luther sassed.
"What's with all the lollygagging?" Five appeared from nothing and pointed to his family.
"No!" Jenna yelled as he was being shot at.
She dove for him and landed on top of him.
"What happened to your face, Love?" He brushed her cheek where a bullet had skimmed her prior.
"I'm fine, don't worry. How was the Handler?"
"It was just a distraction to get me away from you. I'm sorry."
"Hey, lovebirds?" Diego exclaimed, "Stop with the make out sesh and help us out here!"