Welcome!

Thank you all for choosing my story! This will be a Five Hargreeves book that crosses over with my previous Stranger Things story, Escape. You can read this without reading Escape, but you'll be missing Jenna's entire backstory. I will begin writing actual content for this story very soon and would like to have a decent amount of chapters built up prior to uploading any. This book will have the same format as my other one.

Italics are Five of Jenna's thoughts unless it's specified as another character's. Context is very key for people's inner thoughts.

[Bracket italics are music lyrics to help you stay on track with scenes written to music]

Everything will be centered because I like how it looks. If you don't, I'm sorry. I will attempt to upload 1-2 days a week on Wednesday and Sunday (we'll see). I'm in school, I have a job, and do a lot of other stuff in my free time, but I will not abandon the story. If I do, I will let you all know. Thank you for choosing Dysfunctional and I truly hope you all enjoy. Please read Escape before this if you'd like the entire background to Jenna and enjoy Stranger Things. If not, that's fine but you'll be missing out. Anyways, enjoy!

And just an FYI (I can't believe I have to say this) but this is my story. Don't steal it or crucial aspects of it. I'm very happy if this story inspires you, but it's been years in the making for me, as well as my other story. If you find anyone copying this, please tell me. And I mean directly copying me. I'll admit that I get inspired by other works too, but I never copy them. Don't do the same for me. I work hard to write everything and this is my story that I have rights to. Love you all, but don't copy. Be original.

Update after watching season 4 for the first time: may this story offer you peace from that scary season. You can stop after season 3 (I won't be offended, I promise) or read the fixed season 4 that I've been cranking away at to not piss everyone off. I always try to follow the core plot, but I'm not afraid to tear this bitch up because it made me sad and angry and pissed off. IT WILL BE FIXED. I promise that Daddy Jenna fixed EVERYTHING, even if it's TUA season 4.