Chapter 38: Wakanda, Where Are You?

Peter, Raven, and May gathered in the crime lab after Spider-Girl's attack. Their daughter sat in a chair with her head hung begrudgingly as her parents stood over her wjth Cyborg and Starfire standing in the background. The news of the attack terrified Peter to his core, knowing how close it came to disaster. Even knowing that Raven was right there waiting to rescue her, it didn't make him feel much better.

"So you said his name was WHAT again?" He asked with his arms folded.

May sighed at that. "I told you, Crimson Dynamo. Russian guy, big suit of armor, glowy thingies on his chest plate."

"Sound like someone you know?" Cyborg asked Peter with a knowing look from across the room.

His eyes widened at that and he slowly nodded as he thought about it. "Yeah... kinda sounds like a Russian Iron Man... Only a lot less advanced, thankfully."

"Thankfully." Raven nodded in agreement.

"And three of them were shadows." Peter noted aloud, then looked at May again curiously. "And the other one? You said she WASN'T a shadow?"

"I'm not sure." She shrugged. "All I know is their suits were black and GREEN, hers was black and ORANGE, only one eye hole for some stupid reason. So, you know... Video Game Logic." She shrugged jokingly.

The four Titans went dead silent at that, causing her to look up in confusion. She noticed all four of them share a wide eyed look of alarm, but didn't say anything to each other. It was clear to her that there was a mutual understanding between them that didn't require words at this point.

They all thought of the same person...

Deathstroke.

"What... What did I say?" May asked in confusion.

Peter and Raven's hearts raced at that and they looked back at her with a serious look.

"You said... it was a female wearing this outfit?" Peter asked.

May nodded at that with a confused shrug. "Yeah... why does THAT matter?"

Cyborg and Starfire snickered at that in amusement.

Peter shook his head with a soft chuckle. "No not THAT." He emphasized.

"Someone we used to face pretty frequently used to wear that same outfit." Raven explained with a pensive sigh.

"Slade..." Cyborg added from the back of the room.

"He's the source of a lot of pain for all of us..." Raven nodded with a pensive sigh.

May's face softened into a sympathetic gaze at that. "Seriously?..." she replied in confusion.

Peter nodded at that. "Yeah... He was pretty much like our arch nemesis." He shrugged. "We've fought him a lot."

"And he has done many terrible things." Starfire added. "Even to us."

May raised a brow at that and she looked at her mother with a worried look. "Even you?"

Raven paused for a moment, looking off in thought, then gave a sigh with her arms folded as she recalled Slade's part in the fulfillment of her world ending prophecy. "Especially me."

May's eyes widened at that for a moment. Peter could notice her fists clenching tightly as she looked off in thought for a moment.

"That fucking..." she growled under her breath.

"Last we saw him, the guy was completely vaporized." Cyborg replied. "So it can't be him."

"Maybe one from an alternate universe where Slade's a woman, but still a creep." Peter shrugged jokingly. "But that's the closest thing to it."