[46] 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

[46]

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Kyson's gaze fixated on Dryke as he stood by the edge of the tree, a mysterious figure by his side. The girl wore a mask and a cap, her presence shrouded in secrecy, sending a shiver down Kyson's spine. His mind raced with questions as he watched them from afar. Could it be Kinsley, who was believed to have perished in a tragic car accident alongside Kiara? Memories of the haunting photo displayed by Cosette, depicting a fiery car wreck with two lifeless bodies inside, flooded back to him. How could Kinsley be standing here, alive and well?

Driven by an insatiable need to know the truth, Kyson decided to tail Dryke and the girl as they sped away on a motorbike. Despite his best efforts, he lost track of them in the labyrinthine streets of the city. A knot of unease tightened in his chest as he mulled over the disappearance of Emery and Iris, who had embarked on a journey to La Paz but had fallen off the grid for three agonizing days.

In a moment of urgency, he reached out to Jairo, seeking any hint or clue.

"Jairo, have you heard anything from Iris and Emery?" his voice trembled with suppressed anger and fear, the pieces of the puzzle slowly falling into place within his mind.

"Not a word. Naka silent nga eh, unreachable." Jairo's response mirrored Kyson's own rising panic, the implications of their absence becoming clearer by the second.

The realization struck Kyson like a thunderbolt - a chilling revelation that threatened to upend his world.

"Damn! Jairo, nakita ko si Dryke kanina. Kasama niya si Kinsley, buhay si Kinsley at maaaring pati yung Kiara buhay din. Walang paramdam sila Iris at Emery, possible bang—shit si Zadkiel may pakana neto!" he wanted to punch someone right at this moment. He realized, could it be that Zadkiel, had orchestrated a macabre deception, swapping the fates of Kiara and Kinsley with those of Iris and Emery?

"Tangina. We need to be sure about Iris and Emery, if they are truly gone. Sabi ko na sa inyo eh, Zadkiel orchestrated all of this from the beginning." Jairo's voice dripped with frustration, his disbelief turning into boiling rage.

"I swear, I'll put an end to Zadkiel's deceit." he declared fiercely, his resolve cutting through the static of the call.

Kyson hurried back to the Shields. The weight of his discovery bore down on him as he relayed what he had witnessed — Dryke consorting with Kinsley, and the mere possibility of Kiara's survival. Anger contorted the faces of the members of shields, except for Aella, who harbored deep-seated feelings for Zadkiel.

"No, he can't betray us like this, hindi niya magagawa sakin yun!" Aella's voice cracked with emotion as she hurled a vase to the ground, its shattering echoing the fracture in her heart. Her love for Zadkiel rendered her vulnerable to the sting of betrayal.

"Goddammit Aella! Obsession blinds you, face the truth traydor siya, ginamit ka lang niya!" Jairo's voice cut through the tension like a blade.

"Anong sinabi mo? Hindi yan totoo! Bawiin mo!" Tears brimming in her eyes, Aella clenched her fists, her reactions against the waves of emotions crashing within her. The other shields immediately held Aella to calm her.