[47] 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘀𝘁

[47] 

𝗟𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I am here at Capo's office. My unfinished tasks weighed heavy, but it was not just duty that kept me here. Recent events had pushed me to stay here at the Camp, I knew that our foe was relentless, their sights now set with Astley.

As I delved into fixing the soldier's profile on my laptop, a sudden ping disrupted the quiet hum of the office. An email from Dryke, drew my attention. The attachment revealed a CCTV video from the resto bar where we had ventured not long ago. I zoomed in, searching for the elusive figure behind the looming threat.

The darkened screen obscured the stranger's face, casting an ominous veil over their intentions. Yet, the laser's persistent focus on Astley's form left no room for doubt in my mind. Clenching my fists in silent resolve, I vowed to unearth the truth and shield her from harm.

Frustration and anger brewed within me, so I decided to trudged towards the training ground, my mind consumed by the need for perfection.

I am a bomb expert, I need to improve my shooting skills.

As I stepped onto the shooting range, the world fell away, leaving only me and the target statues that awaited my precision. My eyes hardened as I surveyed the landscape, each statue a challenge waiting to be conquered. With practiced ease, I raised my gun and began to fire, my shots ringing out with deadly accuracy.

Ten targets fell before me, a smirk playing on my lips. But as the distance shortened, so did my patience. The frustration crept in as I struggled to hit the distant statues, my pride wounded with every missed shot. Calculation fueled my every move, even as doubt gnawed at the edges of my mind.

Frustration simmering beneath my not so calm exterior as I aimed at the statues before me. I had always prided myself on my precision, but today, it seemed elusive. As I missed the last 5 targets, a sense of unease crept over me. Intent on to succeed, I pressed on, only to witness the mysterious fall of the 6th statue without my touch.

Confusion clouded my mind as I scanned the empty surroundings for any sign of another presence. Yet, there was nothing but silence. An unsettling feeling gripped me, but my focus remained unbroken.

My patience wore thin when the 7th statue inexplicably toppled, betraying an unseen force at play. Now, anger is ignited within me, fueling my sort out to confront the intruder disrupting my training. With a steely grip on my gun, I prepared for a confrontation I knew was inevitable.

A shadow flickered near the 8th statue, a fleeting glimpse that spurred me into action. My shot rang out, hitting the target true. But my conquest was short-lived as my attention shifted to the enigmatic figure lurking in the shadows.

"Stop this bullshit, reveal yourself or I'll register your death certificate." my voice cut through the tension, laced with a cold warning that betrayed my growing impatience.

"You clutched the gun in a way that seemed to defy physics." someone, a familiar voice pierced the silence, taunting yet tinged with a hint of a long foe. I strained to pinpoint the source, my frustration mounting with each passing moment.