[42] 𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝗻

[42]

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

At shields gambling area, Kyson's anxiety bubbled beneath his calm exterior as he approached Jairo and Orson engaged in a heated card game. The absence of his colleagues Emery and Iris gnawed at him.

"Join us, Kyson," Jairo's voice cut through the tension, beckoning him closer. Orson's eyes remained fixed on the cards, his expression unreadable.

"Do you know where Iris and Emery are?" Kyson's voice was tight with concern. Jairo and Orson exchanged a glance, their indifference unsettling.

"I don't know. Ask Aella or Zadkiel." Jairo replied casually, his voice laced with cryptic detachment. Kyson's unease deepened as he made his way to Aella, her presence commanding attention amidst the swirling haze of smoke and murmurs.

"Aella, do you know where Iris and Emery are? I can't reach them." Kyson's words hung heavy in the air, mingling with the scent of wine and apprehension.

"They went to La Paz. They'll return in five days. Why the panic, Kyson?" Aella's laughter danced like shards of glass, cutting through his doubts like a sharpened blade. Kyson's mind raced, knowing La Paz lay distant.

"Bakit hindi sumasagot si Emery sa tawag ko, even Iris? May signal naman dun." Kyson's frustration spilled forth, tempered by the cool indifference around him.

"Instead of fretting, why not track their location? Kaya mo na yan." Aella's words held a hidden edge, a challenge veiled in silk. Before Kyson could respond, the door swung open, and in walked Zadkiel.

Aella, with her fiery spirit and unwavering loyalty, jumped up from her seat and rushed towards Zadkiel. Without hesitation, she planted a tender kiss on his cheek, her eyes reflecting both relief and concern. "Hi, sweetheart. Where have you been?" Aella's voice was soft, masking the storm of emotions brewing within her.

Zadkiel's response sent shockwaves through the room. "Sending Kiara and Kinsley to hell." he uttered calmly, his eyes never betraying a hint of regret. Aella and Kyson exchanged bewildered glances, trying to comprehend the gravity of his words.

"You killed them?" Aella's voice trembled with disbelief. Zadkiel reached for his phone, showing Aella a disturbing image of a car engulfed in flames, a grim testament to his actions.

Just then, Cosette materialized like a phantom from the shadows, her presence commanding attention.

"Zadkiel? What the hell is this?" Her words sliced through the tension in the room, demanding answers from the brooding figure before her.

As the truth unraveled, Cosette's initial shock morphed into a chilling resolve. "You didn't inform me. We should have tortured them before you took matters into your own hands." she stated, her voice icy with determination. Cosette believed in delivering justice by her own means, a method Zadkiel had chosen to defy.