[31] 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻

[31]

𝗟𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I had made a decision to part ways with my long-time shelter, a house that had been my sanctuary for decades. I made the decision to leave it all behind and start anew at LWA's headquarters.

With a sense of finality looming in the air, Dryke volunteered to accompany me and as I sifted through memories and packed my belongings, Dryke couldn't help but wonder aloud.

"Living all alone in this house, paano ka nabubuhay nun?" he asked. In between, while carefully wrapping fragile trinkets and tucking away cherished possessions, I revealed.

"I still worked at LWA during those times. Suspended but not terminated, I persevered and earned my keep."

As we continued to pack my things, a sense of unease crept over me. A fleeting presence, and a  whisper of danger brushed against my senses. Swiftly turning, my eyes searched to the doorway, only to be met with silence. But in the next breath, chaos erupted as bullets tore through the fragile peace of the house.

"Dryke, take cover!" my voice rang out. We found ourselves under siege, trapped within walls that had once offered solace.

Amidst the onslaught, a question lingered in me. Who the fuck are they? and how had they unearthed my hidden haven that had guarded so carefully? Only me and Capo, plus Dryke now knows this place.

"We need to get out of here," damn. Now panic creeping into my voice as I glanced out the window. Dryke, nodded in agreement. With a shared sense of urgency, we dashed towards the back of the house, where a small, overlooked door awaited our escape.

As we reached the safety of the back door, the sound of footsteps grew louder, I know the imminent danger closing in. I grab my phone to contact Astley, but I remember there's no fucking signal here.

With only two handguns at our disposal, both of us knew we are facing overwhelming odds. The limited supply of bullets left us with a daunting challenge – how could we possibly fend off a horde of enemies with such scarce ammunition?

"Damn it, we're outnumbered." I cursed, my frustration mounting by the second. Meanwhile, I noticed that Dryke remained calm, I think his mind racing to find a solution amidst the chaos unfolding around us.

"One bullet at a time." Dryke spoke up, still has a calm tone despite the perilous situation we found ourselves in. I looked at him in confusion, unsure of what his plan entailed.

"We can't afford to waste a single shot. Precision over quantity tol." Dryke explained, his gaze steady as he met my bewildered expression. Though hesitant, I clearly understood the logic behind Dryke's strategy and nodded in reluctant agreement.

Trusting his skill as a sharpshooter, I steadied my grip on the handgun and prepared for the inevitable confrontation. With each enemy drawing nearer, the weight of uncertainty pressing down on us.

As the first intruder breached the threshold, our movements synchronized in a dance of survival. One by one, we took aim and fired, each bullet finding its mark with lethal precision. The enemies fell.