[39] 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗗𝘂𝗺𝗯

[39]

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Emery's heart raced with fury as she watched in horror as Lucillious ruthlessly ended Ethan's life, a senseless act of violence that shattered their carefully laid plans. Without hesitation, she rushed to Aella, knowing that they needed to strategize against the unexpected turn of events.

"Aella, look at this." Emery's voice quivered as she showed Aella the chilling footage of Ethan's murder at the hands of Lucillious. Aella's expression twisted in shock and rage at the sight before her.

"What the hell?! How did Lucillious know Ethan was there?" Aella's voice was laced with anger as she demanded answers from the small group gathered in the room.

"I installed the cameras, yeah I saw him there." Orson, with his usual air of indifference, revealed that he had installed cameras and witnessed Lucillious' treacherous act without intervening.

"Seriously? You knew and wala ka man lang ginawa?" Aella's voice was laced with disbelief, but Orson remained unperturbed, his nonchalant aura a stark contrast to the gravity of the situation.

With tensions rising, Iris raised a crucial question.

"Are we sure Zadkiel is on our side?" Iris's voice held a hint of doubt, causing Aella and Emery to exchange uncertain glances.

"Mapagkakatiwalaan ba talaga siya? We all know, Underboss pa din siya. What if tayo pala talaga ang tina-traydor?" for them, his loyalty suddenly seemed uncertain.

"Hey, wag niyo nga pagdudahan si Zadkiel. Hindi niya magagawa yun, at isa pa wala siya sa poder ng mga Underboss. Dito nga siya madalas di ba?" Aella, who harbored deeper feelings for Zadkiel than mere allegiance, was being challenged by Iris.

"What's going on?"

The room fell into a heavy silence as Zadkiel's voice pierced through the tension, drawing the gaze of all four individuals towards him. Aella, driven by an unyielding love for Zadkiel, rushed towards him and enveloped him in a tight embrace. Reluctantly, Zadkiel reciprocated, though his expression betrayed a hint of inner turmoil.

"See? Nandito lang siya, right Zad?" Aella's voice quivered with doubt, prompting a furrow to appear on Zadkiel's brow.

Amidst the palpable unease, Emery's voice cut through the air, laden with accusation, "Where were you? Ethan is dead, alam mo ba yun?"

Zadkiel, seemingly unfazed, detached himself from Aella's embrace and moved towards the kitchen counter, pouring himself a drink.

"Yeah, Cosette informed me." he replied casually, catching Orson's curious gaze.

"So, you were with Cosette all along?" Orson's inquiry hung in the air, causing a glimmer of relief to flicker across Aella's face, reassured by the possibility of Zadkiel's reliability.

Suddenly, Iris interjected without looking up from her magazine.

"Who is Azaleia, Zadkiel?" Her tone was laced with an unexpected edge, revealing a hidden layer of complexity in their relationships.