[17] 𝗔𝗱𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗻

[17] 

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗣𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

Astley and Casper stood side by side in the office, their evident despite the tension that had once clouded their relationship. Even after Casper's heartfelt confession of love, she had gently refused, citing her unresolved feelings for Larcade.

As they immersed themselves in work, a sudden knock disrupted them, it's Larcade who entered cautiously.  His eyes met Casper's, a silent understanding passing between them.

"Am I disturbing you?" Larcade inquired, his voice tinged with restraint. Astley's subtle nod betrayed her amusement, prompting Larcade to wear a rare expression of annoyance.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at Samantha's office?" Astley's direct question hung in the air, while Casper buried himself in paperwork, a shield against the building tension.

"Can you give me some coffee, Casper?"

But his request of having a coffee interrupted by Casper's curt response, denying him. Astley's sharp instinct flared as she dismissed Larcade, asserting her authority in the room.

"I'm not your assistant, and your presence is a distraction. Leave if you must." Casper's words were firm, reflecting his annoyed yet calm voice.

Just as the tension peaked, a message alert chimed on Larcade's phone, bearing the name of Dryke. A shared location triggered concern in Larcade's eyes, hinting at imminent danger lurking ahead.

"He might be in trouble." Larcade voiced his unease, ready to rush to Dryke's aid. Astley quickly recognized the gravity of the situation.

"We'll go with you." Astley's declaration brooked no argument. Without a word, the three set out on a path fraught with uncertainty.

---

Larcade sat behind the wheel of a sleek black car, the engine humming with anticipation. Astley and Casper, prepared their arsenal for the impending confrontation that lay ahead. Following the cryptic directions provided by Dryke, Larcade navigated the streets with practiced ease. The air was thick with tension as they neared the abandoned building.

As they parked outside the desolate structure, a sense of foreboding washed over them. The silence was deafening, yet the feeling of being watched sent shivers down their spines. With silent communication, the three moved as one, cautious and alert, ready for whatever awaited them inside.

Ascending the creaking stairs, each step echoing in the empty corridors, they felt the tension coil tighter around them. Suddenly, without warning, a group of shadowy figures in black emerged from the darkness, weapons glinting malevolently in the dim light. Bullets whizzed through the air, sparking chaos and adrenaline-fueled instinct.

Taking cover behind crumbling walls, Astley and Casper unleashed a barrage of gunfire, their movements fluid and calculated. Larcade, his steely gaze locked on the enemy, felt a surge of determination coursing through him. With trained precision, he returned fire, each shot ringing out.