[50] 𝗠𝗶𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴

[50]

𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗮 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗮'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

I stood in front of my closet pondering the black gown adorned with silver glitters. The invitation from our business partners, the Lachmans, had beckoning us to a formal party to signify the partnership with the Thatchers.

Nakita ko sa salamin na tapos na si Lucillious mag ayos.

"How do I look?" I turned to him, his gaze lingered on me, admiring the elegance I exuded. Ngayon pa siya mamamangha eh asawa niya na ako? Tsk.

"You look effortlessly great." he remarked, a playful glint in his eyes that never failed to spark banter. I rolled my eyes good-naturedly, knowing that binobola lang ako at yung ngiti niya nanunukso.

"Let's go?" with a nod, we made our way to the awaiting car, the driver quickly opens the door for us before we embarked towards Lachman's hotel venue. Gusto sana namin isama yung dalawa pero mukhang busy sila sa mga bagay na hindi namin dapat pakialaman.

But when it comes to Travis relationship with that woman, sa ayaw at sa ayaw niya makikialam ako.

This is actually the first time na makikilala ko ang mga Lachmans, they renowned for their real estate empire, held power and influence that extended far beyond the city limits. Their partnership with us traced back to a pivotal moment when Lucillious had taken the reins of the company following his father's untimely passing. Ang sabi niya, hindi din lahat ng Lachman's lalo na yung adopted daughter nung matandang Lachman ang nakita at nakilala niya. Maybe, we'll find out later.

Upon arrival, the grandeur of the black and gold formal party enveloped us as we stepped out of the car, drawing curious glances from the assembled guests. We exuded an air of familiarity amidst the whispers that followed in our steps, a testament to our presence within elite circles. Sanay na kami sa ganito, hindi bago samin na pag tinginan at pag usapan kami. At wala din kaming pakialam sa kung ano man yung pinag uusapan, we're here for some formal party siguro walang tea sa company nila o sa kung saan man kasi mukhang uhaw sila sa tea tsk.

Beneath the veneer of sophistication and opulence, we remained vigilant. We're all too aware of the Lachmans' reputation for manipulation and deceit, navigating the intricate web of alliances and rivalries that defined the cutthroat world of business. At hindi lang yun, nakakaramdam ako na parang hindi lang sila sa business kalaban kaya hinahanda namin mga sarili namin.

Assigned to our VIP table, we navigated through the hall under the watchful eyes of an organizer until we settled into our designated seats.
As my gaze swept across the area, it was clear that the faces staring back at me held unknown secrets and hidden agendas. Bagong mukha ang nakikita ko, wala akong nakikitang kahit na sinong business owner na pamilyar ang mukha. Sensing my unease, Lucillious leaned in, his voice a mere whisper.

"Something wrong?" he murmured. I shook my head, my suspicions still dormant beneath the surface.

"It's just that, the energy feels strange." I confided in hushed tones. Lucillious wrap his arms around my waist, offered a semblance of comfort.