[21] 𝗖𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲

[21]

𝗭𝗮𝗱𝗸𝗶𝗲𝗹 𝗞𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘂𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

As I maneuvered through the urban sprawl, I felt a subtle shift in the atmosphere, a presence lingering just beyond my perception. Ignoring the initial unease, I continued my walk until a flicker of movement caught my eye.

It wasn't just one person trailing me; it was a legion of  figures weaving through the throngs of bystanders. More than 10, I think.

Instinct kicking in, I altered my course suddenly, darting down an obscure alleyway as adrenaline surged through my veins. The ominous realization dawned upon me that these pursuers were no mere strangers but adversaries from the cutthroat world of business rivalry, just waiting to strike.

As I careened around a corner, I bump into a girl, causing her laptop to crash to the ground and shatter into a million pieces. She stood there in shock, I can see her eyes wide with disbelief. She has a simple beauty and soft aura.

I ignore her but before I could slip away, the girl confronted me, her eyes betraying a mix of reproach.

"Hoy lalaking naka itim." she has a calm voice, calm enough to sense that anytime she could kill me.

"Are you blind? Nakita mo ba 'yang laptop ko ha? Sira na, sirang sira. Alam mo bang nandiyan yung mga reports ko for today ha? Ngayon paano ako papasok eh sinira mo laptop ko?" do I look I care about that?

I tried to compensate for the mishap by offering money amends, only to be met with a steadfast refusal that cut through my defenses.

"Hoy teka. I don't need your money," she declared. "You've disrupted my plans without even an apology." apology is just a word to me, it means nothing.

I was about to insist but I noticed the men closing in on us, their intentions seems palpable in the air. With no time to explain, I grasped her hand and urged her to run with me, our footsteps echoing through the labyrinth of alleys and hidden passageways.

"Come with me," I implored with my voice tinged with urgency.

We dashed through the dimly lit ways, her hand firmly clasped in mine. Her breathless question pierced the tense air, "Who are they? And why did you drag me here, huh?"

I shot her an exasperated look, finding her loud protests more irritating than the pursuers themselves. I quickly spotted a concealed passageway and urged her inside before following suit. Once hidden from view, her curiosity bubbled over.

"Oy sino ba mga yun? Why are they after us, or you?" I silenced her with a stern gesture as our pursuers passed by the other end of the passage.

But damn, good that they're leaving us now, we're momentarily safe here.

I look at her, she looks confused.