Maternity leave

(8 months in 🖤)

Today was Marjorie's first day of maternity leave. She hated missing work, even when she was pregnant. Reece made her go off work early when he found out twins normally come earlier, due to his excessive researching. This far into the pregnancy, Reece was always stressing. Making sure she was alright every second, calling autumn in work and, being as close as he could to her. Meaning, he wasn't going into work either today.

Marjorie had been getting really agitated at things recently, she was like this at the start of the pregnancy, but it was even worse now. She was always reassuring him she, and the babies were alright, but reece wasn't having any of it.

Carly had also been staying over these past few days, in the guest room. She wanted to be there when Marjorie eventually did go into labour. Reece wasn't to happy about it, but he'd never tell Marjorie that.

All three of them were sat in the living room, just enjoying eachother company. Carlys head was was resting on Reece's shoulder, Reece's head on top of hers. Marjorie was smiling to herself, watching her two favourite people bond.

The twins were really active that day. Kick after kick after kick. Marjorie's hand instinctively covered her stomach every time the did it, and Reece noticed, he doesn't miss a thing.

"Are you okay gorgeous?" Reece asked.
"Yeah, the twins are just really active this morning." Marjorie laughed
"Does it hurt you?" Reece asked again.
"Yeah, occasionally. Why?" Marjorie said.

Reece gently lifted Carly's head off of his shoulder, walking over to where marjorie was stood.
"Turn around." Reece said.
"Okay?" Marjorie didn't know what he was doing. 

Reece put his hands under her bump, lifting it up, revealing some of Marjorie pain.
"God, how did I not know about this sooner." Marjorie sighed. Reece laughed slightly before telling her,
"My dad did this when my mum was pregnant with aut. I was only 3 but I still knew what was happening. I know it's hard to believe, but our family was healthy at one point."
"I'm sorry my love." Marjorie said.
"It's not your fault gorgeous." Reece smiled, letting go of her bump slowly.

The couple didn't know Carly was looking at them. Watching her work parents be so in love. 'When is it my turn?' Carly thought to herself.

Marjorie felt some sort of tightening feeling in her stomach, she thought it was just the babies moving about, but it was so much better than that.

She felt something run down her leg, some sort of liquid.

Was this it, was it time? 

—————————

Sorry for the late chapter 🖤