Tension

(We're 5 months into the pregnancy peeps 😋)

Marjorie was in the kitchen, when she felt two arms snake around her.

"Good morning darling." Marjorie said.
"Good morning, beautiful." Reece replied, holding Marjorie's bump.
"They're really active this morning." Marjorie laughed.
"Well, let's hope they don't end up like me." Reece mumbled into her shoulder.

According to autumn, Reece was always a little shit as a child. Always getting stuck in trees, going to A&E, and, sneaking out to watch the stars, leaving autumn worried sick. Hopefully the girls wouldn't turn out like that.

"Reece, you're falling asleep there." Marjorie stifled a laugh.
"I know." Marjorie moved out of his grasp, and walked into the living room, sitting on the couch and holding her stomach. Reece sat down next to her, just staring, admiring her.

"Reece, didn't your mum ever teach you it's rude to stare?" Marjorie said, trying to make it funny before realising what she said. When she turned back to Reece, he looked like she'd just stabbed him.
"No reece, I didn't mean it like that." Marjorie apologised.
"I know." Reece replied, his voice low.
"I'm so so sorry." Marjorie said, walking over to him, giving him a kiss on the lips.
"It's fine, I'm over it anyway." Reece told her.

Marjorie felt terrible about what she said. If she could shove the words back down her throat, she would.
"I'm sorry." Marjorie said again.
"It's not your fault. I-." Reece was cut off by the doorbell.
"It always goes off at the wrong time." Marjorie said.
"Tell me about it."
"I'll get it." Marjorie got up, and ran downstairs.

A woman was stood at the door. She was tall, thin and had long, dirty- blonde hair, her eyes were a mix of emerald green and blue.

"Can I help you?" Marjorie asked. She heard Reece coming down the stairs, his arms instinctively covering her stomach.

"Hey baby, who's thi-." Before Reece finished his sentence, he instantly knew who she was.
"Reece!" The tall woman exclaimed.
"Speak of the devil."
"You've grown up so much."
"Sorry, who are you?" Marjorie questioned.

"Gorgeous, this is the woman who left me years ago with a monster. The one and only mother of the knight siblings."