The story of us

Reece and autumn were taking care of the babies while Marjorie slept. Marjorie hadn't slept in days, she could never sleep in hospitals for some reason.

She was upstairs, curled up in a ball on her side of the bed, wearing pyjama shorts and one of Reece's jumpers. The smell of his always gave her comfort, that's exactly what she needed right now.

She tried to make out as everything was fine and she wasn't worried, but deep down under the surface, she was petrified. The fear of becoming her mum took over her. Ever since her mum found out she was pregnant, she'd been texting Marjorie non stop. God knows how she knew she was expecting.

"Reece get back here right now you mong!" Autumn said.
"I'm getting the bottles, calm the fuck down!" Reece said back.
"I hope you die in a car crash!" Autumn mumbled
"Oh that is rich!" He replied.
"Just hurry up!"
"Give me a few minutes, I'm struggling!"
"Fine, love you!" Autumn scoffed.
"I love you to now come and fucking help me!" Reece said, slightly yelling.

When he said that, the twins started crying.

"Good one!" Autumn rolled her eyes.

She picked up the twins, one baby in each hand, trying to calm them.

"Shh it's okay, aunt auts here." She spoke, her voice soft.

Autumn began rocking them back and forth slightly, watching them relax. She loved them both very much and would do anything to protect them, everyone knew it. Heck, she's probably be more protective than Reece!

"I can't open the fucking formula!" Reece yelled from the kitchen.
"For fucks sake, you'll wake up Marjorie in a minute!"

Autumn walked over to Reece, seeing him basically fight with the container.

"Go sit down Reece, and take the twins, I'll do it."  Autumn said, pushing Reece out of the way.

While autumn was getting the bottles ready, she heard faint laughter coming from the living room. She decided to just focus on what she was doing and check what was going on in a bit.

"Right Reece, I'm b-. Oh my fucking god." Autumn says, walking back into the room.

Reece was sat there with the twins, and he'd put a fucking rocket ship next to them. Taking endless photos.

"I was gone two minutes."
"Oh come on, they look so cute." Reece scoffed.
"To be fair." Autumn started. "They do look cute."

While everything was going on downstairs, Marjorie had finally managed to fall asleep. Her dreams filled with scenarios of Reece and her daughters.

Two blonde little girls with bright blue eyes, running over to Reece, him catching them in his arms.

The four of them going on a walk, the twins getting fascinated by every little thing they saw. Whether it was a flower or a butterfly, they were always amazed.

Nova and Niamh snuggling into Reece's neck while they slept, like Marjorie always did when she slept.

Reece dancing with them while they sung, Marjorie watching in awe.

She just thought about all the could things that could happen. And their future.

The story of us.

———————-

How did we find this chapter bc honestly I was debating publishing it