Imagine #23 : Drop Dead Gorgeous

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
23. DROP DEAD GORGEOUS

+

"Bon Bon, why didn't you tell me your best friend was downright drop dead," Kai pauses, and slides in the booth beside Bonnie. "Gorgeous." he smiles flirtatiously, at you and you were beyond amused. Bonnie gave him a provocative look and you knew she was annoyed with him.
This was your first time back in Mystic Falls and you were already getting hit on. You had spent three weeks in San Diego, California with your friends.

"Kai, she's not interested." Bonnie says, but Kai stares at her then back at you.

"How would you know what she's interested and what she isn't interested in?" he chuckles, with a grin. Bonnie exchanged glares at you, stern and steady ones.
"Is this some kind of girl code? Are you guys like telling each other stuff with your eyes? I'm confused." he mumbles softly, but you and Bonnie continued to stare at each other.

In order to break the awkward silence you introduced yourself. Bonnie sat quietly beside Kai, taking sips of her Pepsi as you and Kai chat. After a while you could tell Bonnie was becoming bored, you realized you were completely leaving her out of conversations.

"We actually have to be somewhere." Bonnie mumbles slowly. Kai pouts, "You didn't seem in such a hurry a few minutes ago." he states, but Bonnie stumbled over her words so you chimed in.
"Elena needs our help decorating a surprise birthday party for Care." that was the truth, but Kai didn't seem to believe you.

"I'll come and help decorate."

Bonnie slide a strand of her hair behind her ear, "We could use the extra hand." she turns to you for acceptance, which you politely agreed on.

Kai smiles, "I call shot gun!" and he ran off outside to the parking lot. You laughed at how childish he was, until Bonnie grabbed your arm to get your attention.
At first you weren't sure what she wanted but once you noticed how serious she looked, your smile disappeared. "What's wrong?" you whisper, as she continued to clutch your arm like a frightened little kid.

"Kai..... that's what wrong."

You rolled your eyes, "That's low even for you. Why can't I ever have a guy just hit on me without you or Caroline mentioning how hot and out of my league he is. I mean that really makes me feel like complete shit, you guys are my friends and should be supporting me. I mean what if I did the same to --"

Bonnie shook her head, "No.. noo.. noo. I wasn't even going to say anything remotely similar to that." and your expression lightens, "Seriously?"
"Yeah... and Kai being hot? Ermmm... yeah okay maybe he is hot but that you have no idea what your getting yourself into too." she begins to explain but you laughed.

"I know exactly what I'm getting myself into... better yet where? His bed." you assure, laughing. You noticed Kai approaching Bonnie from behind with a grin plastered across his face, you smiled back completely ignoring Bonnie.
"No.. Y/N, Kai can't be trusted because he's a --"

"You girls coming or what?" Kai asked, you quickly nodded and Kai glared at Bonnie. "Ready?" he questions her, At first she looks uncertain. But when you tug her arm slightly she nods with a forced smile.

+ + +

Elena opened the front door to the boarding house, "I thought you'd never come." she grins, allowing you guys in.
Bonnie and Elena were the first to walk into the Gilbert house, followed by you then Kai. Matt arrived and helped the girls began putting the drinks and food into his trunk.

You and Kai grabbed the decorations, and put them in Damon's car when he arrived.

By the time you guys got to the woods, Tyler was staring the barbecue. Bonnie helped Jeremy set up the Jell-O shots, joking around.

Around six everything was up and looked amazing. There were gold and white streamers weaved throughout the tree branches. Kai and you had set up white tiki torch lamps, throughout the area all the way down to the lake.
The whole time you were placing torches up Kai kept flirting with you. Tyler and Matt went go get Care, as the people finally started to show up. Stefan went to get her cake.

It seemed as if Elena had invited everyone from Whitemore college, and everyone around the same age that lived in Mystic Falls.
By the time Care arrived the place was swarming with people, and she was delighted to see everyone.

Care even began crying and you and the girls all hugged her. After Care gave appreciations to her friends for being there for her and caring about her, the party started up anyone and everyone was getting completely wasted. Bonnie slowly approached you with a Jello-Shot in her hands, "You definitely know how to decorate." she smiles happily.

You glare around at you and Kai's work, grinning. "Yeah it is very nice, but I wouldn't have nearly gotten finished without Kai's help." and Bonnie smiles, "Where is he anyways?" she gives you a look and you laugh, "I don't know but I'll go find him." you give her the same look back and she nods.

+ + +

Walking alone in the woods, what a great idea! You thought, sarcastically.

But you had looked everywhere for Kai and he was no where to be found. You didn't bother asking the rest of the gang since most of them were too drunk to even function.

"Kai!" you shouted, with your hands cupped over your mouth. He didn't answer.

"Malachai!"

He didn't answer the second time but you kept weaving throughout the trees. A drunk couple came from around a tree nearly giving you a heart attack, they didn't seem to notice you as they slipped right past you.
The girl kept giggling as the guy held her hand tight and rushed back towards the party. You thought it was pretty silly for them to be out so far into the woods, that anything could just snatch them up. And poof they would be somebody's meal, and probably end up on the cover of the local newspaper and news channel.

You halted, because you heard the snapping of twigs. Kai was sitting on a tree stump, snapping twigs. He looked so lonely, irritated even. "I wasn't intentionally trying to ditch you, I was going to go find you." you began, and Kai looks at you.
He smiles weakly, noticing you. "Oh, no worries." he mumbles.

"Then what's wrong?" you question, sitting beside him on the stump. Kai glares into your eyes then at the ground, it was unlike him to behave like this.

"Ever since I've won the merge, I've been different -- feeling different." he mutters. You nod, at the grill Kai explained what a merge is and his family.
"I've developed Luke's insecurities, I think." he mutters, through a sigh.

"Well if you insecure about being surrounded by people here at this party, we could go somewhere else?" you suggest.

"Like where?"

You stand up and shrug your shoulders, "I don't know?" you grin, and he stands up, "We could leave town?" but it sounds more like your asking a question.

"And where would we go?"

You laugh, "Anywhere, just as long as I'm with you."

+

An: I think I should make a part two where it's about you and Kai in like New Orleans or something. Idk something nice and fun.. lol

+RATE+
+COMMENT+
+FOLLOW+