Imagine #61: Bad Blood 2/3

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
                61. BAD BLOOD 2/3

Previously: You were Katherine's personal handmaiden in 1864 and was the only person who had knew that she was a vampire. You were her best friend and sometimes her only friend, and she treated you more than just a maid. Katherine wasn't the only one with secrets.

+

                              "You don't know how long it took me to finally find you." The voice sounded awfully familiar, and that's when you realized exactly who it was.

Katherine Pierce.

You glared over you shoulder and your heart dropped once you realized you were right. She sat down in the stool beside you, "Long time no see, bestie." She smiles. You didn't smile back at her, because you knew the friendship you and her once had was gone.
            "What are you doing here?" You whispered, glaring around worryingly. You had spent years trying to get away from Katherine, knowing that if you once crossed paths with her again that she would try to kill you.

                  She folded her hands together, "Perhaps the next time you try to attempt to hide from someone, you'll go somewhere where the person can't find you at." She grins, knowing that she was the last thing you wanted to see.

          "Leave me alone." You demand, dryly.

Katherine sighs, "Where's your date?" She wonders, glaring around the crowded Grill. You could feel your breathing shorten, "How do you know that I'm on a date?"

                        Katherine shrugs her shoulders, refusing to reply.

        You turned to face her, "What did you do to Kai?" You demanded assertively, not wanting to pay her little games. "You don't get to ask questions, I do," Katherine says, simply. "Why are you back in Mystic Falls?"
             You laughed at how absurd she was being, it had been centuries later and she was still bothered about you trying to "steal" Stefan from her.

                                You took a deep breathe, trying to have a peaceful conversation with her. "Because this is my home."

            Katherine shakes her head, "No... because you're trying to take Stefan from me."

                 "I can't take something that you never had." You dart back. Katherine squints her eyes at you, trying to figure out if you were being mendacious about the knowledge of her and Stefan's past relationship. "I had Stefan, matter a fact, I will always have him."

         "Where's Kai." You demanded one last time. You didn't want to talk about Stefan and ancient shit that happened between you and Katherine centuries ago. She stood up from her stool, "Come take a walk with me like old times and I'll tell you exactly where your little boyfriend is." But you knew you couldn't trust her.
"Why can't you just tell me right now... right here in the grill?" She thought about it for a second, "Because I'm the one you need to cooperate with, it's not the other way around."

        You shook your head at her demands, "Someone would think people would change after so long, but even centuries later you still haven't changed." Katherine didn't acknowledge your comment. Instead she simply walked away. You waited for a few seconds before quickly following after her and out of the Grill.

                    "Katherine!" You shouted, as she left out of the back entrance to the Grill. You knew that you needed to stay alert, just in case she tried to pull any moves.
           She was your only possibility of getting Kai back, and you weren't going to let her just walk away. You pushed the exit door open and as soon as you stepped out,  Nadia grabbed you and threw you over the banister (goddamn lol).

Katherine came towards you, but you used your vamp speed to move away from her. Nadia jumped down from the broken banister, "What do we do?" She asked her mother, your eyes flickered at Katherine.

"You should give me back my boyfriend and leave us alone." You muttered.

Nadia used her vamp speed to charge towards you, she was going to hurt you. But you moved to the side a little and grabbed her by her jacket, tossing her at the brick building.

                    Katherine walked towards you, watching you as you caught your breathe. "Why are you doing this?"
            She didn't even seem perturbed with the fact that you knocked out her daughter, she didn't even go over to Nadia to make sure she was okay. You knew why Katherine was doing this, you just wanted her to admit it so that you could make her feel guilty.

"Because, it's not fair," she snickers hysterically. You frowned at her, as she stared angrily at you. "that you get to be with the love of your life and I can't."

You could have sworn that Katherine looked like she was on the verge of tears, until she glared away and then back at you. You wanted her to remember about the friendship that you two once shared, then maybe she would realize how pointless this was.
           You hadn't even notice Nadia's awakening until she shoved you into the brick building, crushing her forearm along your chest. She had her fingers inches from preparing to rip your heart out if necessary.

You didn't resist against her, all you could focus on was Katherine. You were somewhat frightened by the possibility that you would die right here, in this very moment.
                      But you were mostly amazed by Katherine's silence, how she was able to stand there and witness the death of her best friend.

            "I'm sorry you didn't get Stefan," you truly meant it, "but you can't just kill me, did our friendship not mean anything?" Katherine stared at you with settle eyes, "If I let you go what do I get?"
    You lowered your eyes, you didn't know what to say. Elena was no longer with Stefan but you knew a relationship was forming between Caroline and him. "You can't renew the past, you have to move on."

            Katherine shook her head, "That's not the answer that I wanted." You glared at Nadia, "What response did you want me to say? That I would help you get Stefan back? If so, I'm sorry but I can't." She pressed her lips together, she was a little disappointed.

                         "You can't or you won't?"

"Caroline is my friend and friends don't try to sabotage each other's relationships." You said, as you tried to stand up but Nadia shoved her arm along your collarbone even harder.

        "Again," she states loudly and impatiently, "what do I get in return?"

                  "You get nothing."

Katherine laughed, "Do you think my daughter won't kill you if I asked?" You looked at Nadia who stared back. "If you kill me, Stefan will never want to be with you. I'm one of his best friends, he'll just hate you. You might as well just let me go..." You simply advise.

       Katherine turns away and Nadia releases you. Katherine walked away, as her daughter followed after her. "Hey, where are you going? What about my boyfriend?!"

She looked over shoulder, "You get nothing." She grins.

+

a/n: thanks for 30k! 😇