Imagine #57: Nonexistent

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
                 55. NONEXISTENT

   +

                 "You've been staring at him for probably an hour now." Damon whispers, in your ear. Your eyes drifted down at the floor, "Is it that obvious?" You asked, feeling beyond embarrassed that your best friend  caught you.
         He grinned, "Totally obvious." And you laughed at him, as you slid a strand of your hand behind your ear. "Do you think he noticed?" Damon shook his head, and he studied you.

                            "What?" You walked around the pool table in hope of losing his glares. Damon gave you the same blank look he always did, it wasn't an annoyed one just a look as if he was in a deep thought process and you were the last thing he saw before he left reality.
           Since it was your turn to go, you leant forward towards the pool table. "You know you should talk to him." Damon was always insisting that you try to talk to Kai, but you always got nervous whenever you wanted too.

                 "You act like its so easy to talk to the person that you like."

           Damon chuckled as he frowned a little, "It is easy, it's extremely easy."

                        You weren't winning the pool game so you decided to just give up, "Well, I'm not like you.... I can't just go up to him and talk to him."
       "Confident?" He raises an eyebrow, and you pointed your pool stick at him. "You're trying to piss me off." You grinned, knowing exactly what he was trying to do so you planned to not let him get to you.

"I am confident..... when I want and need to be... don't act like you don't have that same exact problem." And he held his hands up in defense, as he held onto his pool stick. You placed your pool stick on the table and walked over to the dart board, "I guess I win?" Damon alerts from afar, but you ignored him because you didn't feel like being bothered by him.

You tried not to look over at Kai who was talking to a random girl. You had a class with her at Whitmore college, but you never talked to her nor were you interested in doing so.
You pulled the darts off the board and took a few steps back to throw them. Damon approached you, "Want me to help you out?"

Your eyes widened, "No... no please just forget about me staring at Kai." Damon seemed a little insulted, "You don't think I'm capable of helping you out?"

You rolled your eyes, as you bent your arm back and then threw the dart. "Wow." He grins, as his eyes wandered over at the dart board. You grinned, "Well what can I say, I'm good." You gushed. Damon agreed, "You know who else is good at darts?"

You threw the second dart and hit it right in the center, "Who?" You figured it was probably going to be Kai, until Damon said, "Me."
"You? ha!" You laughed, as you threw your third and final dart. Damon frowned playfully at your reaction, "Did you forget I'm the one who taught you how to play darts?"

                      "What's your point?"

"My point is that I'm the reason why you're good at darts," He seemed beyond amused, "I bet that if I kicked your ass in a match of darts you wouldn't even talk to Kai." You crossed my arms, knowing exactly what he was doing.
Damon grins, you smiled as you looked away from him. It only took a few seconds before you were back to giving him a stern look. "I'm not falling for it." You approached the board and pulled the darts out, taking a few steps back. You lifted up your arm and aimed the dart at the board, "Listen, Y/N I'm trying to help you out."

                    You knew that, but would rather have him not. "I know and I appreciate you for doing so, but you focused on the board. "So then what's the problem? Why don't you want my help?"
           You shrugged your shoulders, as you threw the first dart. "Because....." You mumbled, sighing under your breathe. You turned to face Damon, "Because no matter what you do, he is never going to notice me. Whenever I'm around him it's as if I'm nonexistent."

Damon stared at you, "Did you ever think that maybe he thinks that you don't like him?" You lowered your head, "Damon, he has never noticed me.... he's a sociopath who has no remorse for others. Which humps to the conclusion as to why in the hell do I even like him? How can I possibly like a guy who is incapable of feeling remorse, if he can't feel that what made be believe that he would be capable of feeling love?"
                        Damon wasn't looking at you, but behind you. "Anything can happen?"

         You looked over your shoulder and saw Kai walking towards you and Damon.

              "Damon what do I d--"

Damon was walking away, grinning to himself. "Talk to him, dummy."