Imagine #53: Bad Blood 1/3

-FLASHBACK, 1864-

          KAI PARKER IMAGINES
                  53. BAD BLOOD 1/2

"Oh isn't he just the most handsomest man your eyes have ever laid a pound?" Katherine mumbles, spooning over
Giuseppe and Lillian Salvatore's youngest son, Stefan.
Your eyes wandered around the room, searching for him. It never took you long to spot Stefan, even in a crowded room like tonight. He always stood out in the crowd and was very difficult to ignore considering how handsome he was.

"Madam, I do greatly admire your gown." you simply said, Katherine never really gave you permission to talk about the man she so desired to be with. You were not only Katherine's personal handmaiden but her best friend.

Miss Pierce shifts her brown eyes at you, "You may speak of him." she says, but you lowered you head in response.
In a crowded room like now, you felt uncomfortable discussioning topics like this. Even through Katherine didn't know that you in fact also loved Stefan. You didn't want her to know, because you knew it wasn't right.

You had never known any maids to discuss love, especially aloud. It was forbidden to discuss love, you just never really had someone to discuss it with.
Katherine was usually gone and hardly ever came home. And when she did she was resting or eating, and then she would be gone.

Katherine treated you like a sister, she admired you for not only your beauty but for your dedication to her.

You always treated her when she was ill and comforted her at her worst times. Katherine always understood you and respected you when others didn't. After a while when people began to notice how she was treating you, they began to treat you with more respect. Yes, you were still her maid but people often treated you like you were more than just a maid.

Other maids despise you because of how privileged you were. Not all maids were treated as nicely as you were, and you were usually the topic of the day.

They wanted to know how you and Katherine became friends. You were the most loyal person she had ever met, she trusted you dearly.
Katherine once explained her past life with you, her family and her daughter.

Nobody knew the truth about Katherine, only you did. You knew that she was born into a wealthy Bulgarian family on June 5, 1473. She explained how she became pregnant by an unknown man in 1490, and how her father took away her daughter.

You were the only person who knew the truth about Katherine's family, that they didn't parish in a fire. In fact, a hybrid named Niklaus Mikaelson slaughtered her family. You were aware of the relationship she had with not only Stefan but Damon as well.

But the biggest secret you knew was that Katherina Petrova was a vampire.

                  You were staring at Stefan from afar, as his father and mother introduced him and Damon to a younger man. You couldn't see the young man's face and you would have had time to if Katherine hadn't got your attention.
"Which one would you choose if you were me?" Katherine mumbles, as she stared at Stefan. Your eyes shifted to her, clearing your throat nervously. You didn't want to answer because she was giving you a stern look, Katherine looked angry.

You were afraid that she could tell that you liked Stefan. But then again, you knew it was rude to not answer someone. You part your lips to say something but she interrupted you.

"Y/n, it's a rhetorical question." Katherine smiles at you. She knew it was obvious that you loved both the brothers, she wasn't looking for you to actually answer. She was trying to make a point that the brothers were her's, that if you were her who would you choose. But since you weren't Katherine you couldn't choose, so there was no possibility of you being able to love either of the brothers.

            Katherine continued to smile at you, "It looks like it's that time." She mumbles, as she slowly walked away, approaching Damon and Stefan.

                      "Time for what?"