Imagine #64: Swing Set

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
64: SWING SET

"Are you ready for school?"

"No..."

Your head lowered as chuckled, Sadie was too young to understand the importance of recovering an education and considered learning to be pointless. You brushed your fingers through the small strands of her hair, resting them behind both her ears.
Today was a good day for you, it was your daughter's first day at preschool. She looked adorable in her little dark blue skirt and white shirt, you always adored her little pigtails.

You could see the nervousness in her eyes and it made you want to squeeze her in your arms and tell her everything will be okay. Sadie was a quiet kid that didn't do too well alone, she had a difficult time fitting in with the other children.

You stared at her features, "Was that a yes?" Your daughter shook her head as she stared down at you, your lips formed a small smile. She was the most important thing in your life and making sure that she was happy was your number one priority. "You'll be okay, sweetie. This is your first day and it'll be fantastic, you'll see." You brushed her cheek and smiled at her, she weakly smiled back.
There was moment of silence your daughter's bedroom as you studied her and thought about her growing up, she turned out just okay.

You looked over your shoulder towards the door after hearing metal hit the white marble flooring of the kitchen. Kai.... you could your conscience sighing after his name, "Let's go see what dad is up to" you stood up and held Sadie's hand as you left the room.
Downstairs your husband was running around the kitchen trying to clean up before you came downstairs. His freshly ironed suit was soaked with milk in his attempt to fix Sadie breakfast before she went to school. No matter how hard he tries to be a good father it never seemed good enough, he always made mistakes and felt that he didn't live up to his daughter's expectations.

Kai stopped cleaning for a moment and shifted his eyes towards the ceiling, he could hear the clicking of your heels against the wood floor that indicated how close you were to seeing the disastrous kitchen.
"Hell," he groaned, he looked down at the counter surface glistening; from the sun shining through the large kitchen window, with the white substance he spilled. Y/N is gonna kill me! He used whatever he could find to try to soak up the spilled milk. What do I do? He realized the sponge wasn't cleaning anything up so he scanned the kitchen to see if there was anything useful.

Kai usually observed you while you cooked dinner so he knew there was a towel or something he could grab. I'm so dead... he kept thinking as his eyes continued to search for the cloth, he knew it was only a matter of seconds before you would be downstairs.
His heart was racing and he didn't understand why he was so nervous, spilled milk wasn't a big deal but he didn't want you to be disappointed by his skills to be a father.

Kai was about to give up until he noticed a thin cloth with purple and blue decorated and detailed fabric that laid along the counter top next to your car keys. Bingo!! He ran towards the fabric and grabbed it, placing it on top of the milk just seconds before you entered the kitchen.

What alarmed you the most about your beautiful white and silver themed kitchen was that is was almost entirely covered with ketchup and mustard hand prints. Your eyebrows knitted together as you teeth clenched together, "I didn't know our kitchen was a kindergarten class." your eyes flew towards your husband after staring down the cabinets.
Kai stood to your left at the island counter with his hands clenching what he thought was a cloth, he looked as if he was giving the counter CPR. His eyes were glued on you and he stood still as a statue, "It's not so bad," he looked around at the cabinets that had his smudged fingerprints and palms covered with, "at least it isn't paint, right?" He laughed.
You weren't upset but the mess did surprise you, he walked towards him with Sadie trailing behind you. She was just as surprised as you were, Kai watched you as you approached him. "You're not mad?" He was shocked since usually you'd be pissed but nothing also Parker did surprised you anymore.