Imagine #60: Damon the Grinch

KAI PARKER IMAGINES
60. DAMON THE GRINCH 1/2

          "Don't you just love Christmas?" You asked Kai, your arm was linked with his. Technically, it was Christmas Eve but he knew what you meant.
Damon and Elena was walking ahead of the two of you, while the rest of the gang was trailing behind. "No, absolutely not." Your eyes flicker at him, in annoyance.

Kai smiled, "Yeah... But I'd pick Thanksgiving over it any day." Damon chuckled, "You like Christmas?" Kai nods as he looked over at you, "It's our favorite holiday." you smiled at him, even through you and Kai had only been dating for a year. The holidays were always the best time of the year for the both of you.

Stefan rolled his eyes at his brother's statement, "Of course Kai likes Christmas, who doesn't like the holidays."

              Damon halted right in the center of the sidewalk, causing everyone to stop walking abruptly. "Everyone? Helloooo, I don't like Christmas!" He glared, at everyone but you all could care less. "Seriously, you wanna do this right here?" Stefan questions.
       You sighed, "We understand, Damon. You're a mean one Mr. Grinch." You teased. Kai and the other laughed.

Everyone was laughing expect for Damon, apart of you thought it was because he didn't find it funny. "Who's the Grinch?" Damon frowned, as small snowflakes covered his dark raven black hair. You snickered, as you tried to look at him seriously when you didn't chuckle at you.

"I've never been more serious in my life."

Kai pressed his lips together, "He's green and hairy." He hints, thinking that perhaps Damon saw the Grinch somewhere but forgot or didn't know it was him. Damon shook his head, "Nope, doesn't ring a bell."

Bonnie smiles, she thinks she knows a movie that Damon has seen. "Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer?"

"No." Damon muttered.

"Elf?" Kai asks, Damon's eyes flicker at him, "No."

"Home Alone?" Care frowns, hoping he would say yes because she didn't know a single person that hasn't seen the movie. Damon shook his head as his cross his arms.

"Forty the Snowman?" Stefan asks.

       "Jingle Bells?" Elena sighed.

"Please add less tell me that you've seen The Christmas Story." You pleaded, with squinted eyes of fear. Damon sighed, "What the hell is that?" Everyone gasped, "Oh my eggnog!" Everyone teased, "Oh come on! Seriously? Oh my eggnog? So what if I haven't seen a few Christmas movies."

"A little? Damon you haven't even one Christmas one." Kai assures, as he shook his head sympathetically.

Stefan motioned at everyone, "Alright, let's see if he knows any Christmas songs!" Damon rolled his eyes, "I might not know any Christmas movies but I know a few songs." Stefan smiled, "Oh really? That's good," he nodded. Damon grinned, as he began to walk away.
Nobody followed behind him, "Damon, name a Christmas song." You mumbled, with a smile.

Damon slowly turned around, "Can we do this another time, it's kinda freezing cold out here." He reminds, but everyone didn't move. Stefan stuffed his hands into his jacket, "Let's make it easy for Damon and sing twelve days of Christmas."
            Everyone thought it was a good idea, "But can we not sing? I'm not a big fan of singing." Bonnie started at him, "But it isn't a song if there's no singing." Damon gave her look, "Alright fine." She mumbled.

                    Kai started, "On the first day of Christmas my the love sent me." he looked over at you, as you smiled. "A partridge in a pear tree." You glared over at Stefan who continued the lyrics, "On the second day of Christmas my true love me two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree."
       While everyone continued to state the lyrics, Damon looked over at Elena who was standing on his right at the end of the group.

               "How many days do we still have to go through?" Clearly he wasn't paying attention. "Twelve, Damon. I thought you knew this song?" She frowned. He rolled his eyes, "I never said that I knew this song, I said I knew a few Christmas song but clearly I was lying. I said I didn't like Christmas." Nobody was listening to their conversation, Elena began to become uninterested.

                "Elena." Bonnie tried to get her attention, she glared at everyone and realized it was her turn. "Guys, why don't we home and make ginger bread houses or something."
          Most of you were freezing but you guys didn't care, because you were too busy in the holiday cheers to end all of the amount of fun you guys were having.

Everyone gave Elena a look, pleading for her to continue and nobody had noticed the look Damon was giving her to not continue. She groaned, "On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me twelve drummers drumming, eleven pipers piping, ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, five gold rings... yada yada... And a partridge in a pear tree." She quickly muttered.

                "We weren't on that part yet." You mumbled, as if your dreams had been crushed. Elena sighed, "Y/N, you'll live." She grabbed your hand and tugged you along.
           Stefan suggested as everyone followed after you, Damon, and Elena leading the way. "We can show Damon the Grinch, the true meaning of Christmas when we get home." Stefan said referring to the mansion.

      Damon gulped as everyone cheered.