CHAPTER NINE

FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU,

IS THE SECOND BEST THING IN THE WORLD,

FINDING YOU IS THE FIRST 

"So, are you going to tell me where we're going tonight?"

I looked round at Matt who was driving his work van. The muscles in his arms flexing as he worked the steering wheel, his hair set into a perfect mop top. How I wanted to reach over and run my fingers through.

I had missed him so much!

We had been on the road for an hour now, all my belongings in boxes tucked in the boot of the van.

He had arrived at my place this morning dead on eight O'clock. As I opened the door and my eyes found him, the wave of love and overwhelming emotions I felt crashed over me like a tidal wave.

Just over two weeks had been too long!

I hadn't been able to concentrate on anything! Even when my manager Donna Hives called me into her office to announce that I had an interview with the Brighton Branch.

It was arranged for this coming Monday. I was obviously thrilled by the idea. If I got this then I didn't have to search for anything else and the money would start rolling in. But at the same time I had acquired a dull ache which had washed over me when Matt had left so I couldn't fully appreciate the position I was in.

I knew how ridiculous I was being but the feeling wouldn't go away. The only time it subsided was when I heard his familiar warm voice down the phone and just like before, we rang and text each other at every given opportunity.

"You will just have to wait and see" he answered me with a smile, interrupting my thoughts.

The anticipation was driving me crazy. I hadn't dressed formally in a long time, maybe my prom at college. I wondered what he would wear too. The thought of Matt armoured in a suit made my mouth water.

He had asked me out on another date and I of course jumped at the chance to spend more time with him. But once again he was cagey on the details only allowing me the criteria of what to wear. I had spent the last few weeks trailing the shops looking for the perfect dress finally picking one I hoped would blow him away.

The rest of the drive to Brighton went with no hiccups on the roads. I never once felt sad about leaving my life in Exeter behind. As I stared at Matt I knew this was where I wanted to be, where I was meant to be.

**********

We reached Lucie's house with her and Charlie waiting to greet us.

I was welcomed with banners and balloons, the house decorated from floor to ceiling, both of them popping their party poppers as I walked over the thresh hold.

I squealed in delight feeling a little embarrassed yet very loved. I was going to enjoy having them both around again.

While we all hugged and said our hello's Matt started unpacking the van. I tried to help him like I did before in Exeter but he wouldn't have it, always the gentleman. Something I wasn't used to!               

Charlie was so excited and it was fantastic to see them both although Lucie looked tired, the world heavy on her shoulders. I wanted to find out what was wrong but I would leave it to a time we were alone.