CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN

LOVED YOU YESTERDAY,

LOVE YOU STILL.

ALWAYS HAVE,

ALWAYS WILL.

THEA'S POV

"Matt has a right to know what?" Matt's voice cut through the warm air like a sword cutting through my flesh.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

My heart stopped dead in my chest as I saw him stood there with drinks in his hands for us.                                                                I turned from him frozen in place, ice circling around every one of my organs, the temperature dropping, hitting below zero. I gripped the vodka in my hand before it managed to go crashing to the ground.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

"Matt has a right to know what girls?" he asked again.                                                                                                                

Silence filled the air. I felt the tension brewing like a volcano.                                                                         

"Kate?" he asked.                                                                                                                                                                  

Kate didn't breathe a word.                                                                                                                                              

"Thea?" but there was only silence.                                                                                                                                         

He sighed loudly. "Kate, what's going on?"                                                                                                                               

My heart thudded to life, the beating too loud in my ear, my inner self begging Kate not to say anything. My back was still turned away from them but I could sense their glances.                                                                                                                  

"Um... nothing Matt. I've actually got to go because...um... well Rob needs me" and I heard her scurry away.                                                                                                                                                                                          

I cursed her under my breath for leaving me here to deal with this on my own.                                                              

What was I going to say? I needed to run.