CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE

YOU DON'T NEED TO PROMISE ME,

THE MOON AND THE STARS.

JUST PROMISE ME,

YOU WILL STAND UNDER THEM,

WITH ME FOREVER.

MATT'S POV

I looked at all my friends with gratitude as they placed the last of Thea's boxes in the middle of the living room floor.

"Wow, she really travels light!" Sadie commented "I would have this many boxes just in shoes alone!"

I laughed at her rising my eyes to the heavens.

Sadie would never change! She always had an obsession over something and usually it was shoes or handbags. The two large wardrobes in her bedroom had to accommodate her love for them.

"Thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without you!"

I walked over to the Juliet balcony where Rob and Danny were placing the leather two seated sofa into position. The same one which Thea and I had bought when she first moved in with me, the one that had been hauled up in my old bedroom at my Mum's for the past few years.

They both looked red faced and breathless, sweat dripping through Danny's long hair. I handed a couple of fifty pound notes over to Rob.

"That's perfect there, thank you".

Rob looked quizzically at the cash in his hands "What's this?"

"Go get yourselves a few cold beers each. For once you have all worked up a sweat" I teased.

Protests from all three erupted around the room.

"Matt it's cool, we don't want your money" Danny chimed.

"Yea" Rob piped up "I only like taking money of you when I get to beat you on the Green. This is no fun!" he said trying to hand it back to me.

I shook my head reeling in my hand. "Seriously! I appreciate all you have done so just take the beer money and enjoy, ok! I mean it! And while you're all mostly here, I just want to say sorry for the way I've been acting recently. I know I've been a jerk and out of order on more than one occasion."

I felt the shame sit heavily upon my shoulders knowing what an arse I had been choosing Racheal over every one of them, even Rob.

The atmosphere in the room suddenly dipped. No one could deny my behaviour. I felt their exchanged looks over my lowered head.