CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

MATT'S POV

FOLLOW ME,

I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE.

YOU CAN FOLLOW ME,

I WILL ALWAYS PROTECT YOU

I swung at the ball ferociously smacking it high into the air, hearing Rob whistle behind me.

"Good shot!" he commented.

I nodded in agreement not knowing how I had managed to get it clean on the fairway dodging the hazardous trees surrounding the ninth hole.

"So" he said lining up for his shot. "Trouble in paradise?"

I was a little taken aback by his judgement eyeing him speculatively.

"Matt you hit a shot like that and you're either not getting laid anymore or the misses is driving you crazy" he stated taking his turn.

I shook my head at him, a smile playing on my lips as he lightened my mood.

"It's nothing. Just Thea you know... time of the month!" I said raising my eyes towards the heavens.

He turned to me screwing up his nose.

"God I hate it when Kate's like that! Is Thea grouchy, unbearable to live with and an all-round psychopath?" he asked almost intrigued.

"No" I tittered although he was close. "Before I picked you up she stormed into the living room throwing towels on the floor yelling at me to pick them up. I seriously thought she had gone crazy she was the one who had just put them there but apparently I had left them lying around after my shower."                                                                                       

Rob nodded knowingly.

"She's caught that trait from Kate. They don't give you five minutes! You were going to sort them out but after your coffee right?" he stated.

"Um, yea" I agreed although thinking about it the towels hadn't really crossed my mind.

Who cared if they were on the floor? They weren't harming anyone.

"Anyway" I said as we moved on. "She'll be fine when I get back just her hormones playing her up."

I walked in to find Thea in the kitchen by the sink washing up.

We had only been living together for a few months and her presence here still made my heart falter.

My apartment had changed since she had moved in. I never realised before how empty it had been, how cold. When Thea came she bought light and warmth to the place bringing it to life with all her treasures from overseas turning it into a home, our home.