CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE STARS ARE BLAZING LIKE REBEL DIAMONDS,

CUT OUT OF THE SUN,

WHEN YOU READ MY MIND

"Are you ready?" Matt asked, reassuringly squeezing my hand.

I looked up at him and nodded.

I tried not to let the nerves show. This would be my first time meeting with his Sister and friends. I hoped they liked me.

I loved Matt and I wanted him to be able to share his life with me but I also knew I would be walking into a group of people I didn't know, my worst nightmare! I prayed I didn't clam up!

I guess I should be used to it by now, stop being such a baby but the feeling never faded only seeming to grow worse as I got older and it was coming over me now in large crashing waves.

We were walking hand in hand heading towards his Sister's front door.

Kate also invited Lucie killing two birds with one stone, saying how nice it would be to meet both of us at once.

Lucie had left Charlie at his Auntie Joanne's for the night so she could enjoy the evening and join us down at the beachside club after the barbeque they were putting on for us. She was trailing behind now talking to James on the phone.

It had been two weeks since she had mentioned him wanting to see Charlie again. She had finally agreed that he could come and visit every other weekend. They were now finalising the arrangements for the following Friday.

I knew in my heart this was the best thing for Charlie but I worried about Lucie's feelings for James. I didn't want her getting hurt again. She still wasn't over him fully. You could see it in her eyes the love she held for him even though it was tainted with decent and pain.

Kate and Rob shared a house in the buzzing area of Kemp Town which was located on the East side of Brighton. There were four of them altogether living in the large three bedroom semi-detached house.

As we drew closer we could see Kate all smiles, stood at the front door to greet us.

I liked her instantly, her smile genuine.

She was shorter than Matt but had those lovely warm brown eyes although they weren't a match for her brother's. I don't think I will ever meet anyone who had eyes exactly like his; the way they worked their magic with me, casting me under a delicious spell.

Her hair was long, loose and thick, a deep shade of brown bordering on black, her lips small, plump and set beautifully into her round heart shaped features.

She wore a floral top and a skirt that fitted round her curvaceous shaped body perfectly. She gave of a very easy going aura which I was drawn too in an instant.

Rob came walking up behind her, smiling. They looked a good couple together, a great match visually.