CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE

IN A PERFECT WORLD,

IT WOULD'NT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.

OH, IN A PERFECT WORLD.

MATT'S POV

I knew as I opened my door she would be there waiting for me. What I hadn't expected was a sharp sting across my face made by her swinging hand.

"Jesus Christ Racheal!" I exclaimed.

She stood back from me as I straightened myself, my blood boiling.

What the hell was she doing?

She looked like a feral animal. Her hair out of place, her eyes wild and snake like as they narrowed into me.

"You slept with her haven't you?" she accused, her breathing heavy, her anger raging.

"No" I breathed surprisingly calm "I didn't sleep with her"

But suddenly she launched herself at me, her fists flying in the air connecting with my chest as she hammered her blows down upon me.

"You liar Matthew! You fucking liar!" she screamed.

I don't know if I was more shocked by her physical attack or the language, Racheal never swore. I grabbed the tops of her arms as I tried to defend my face.

"Racheal calm down! I'm not lying!" and with that I shoved her away.

She stood breathless, her hair now even worse, spittle resting on her chin. She looked like a crazy woman.

I tried to get a hold of my temper, my heart racing from my adrenalin.

"Now calm down!" I said once more. "I didn't sleep with her ok!" I took in a deep breath steading my heart. "Sit down" I ordered "We need to talk"

She stared at me for what felt like an eternity, her eyes still like a wild animals. Then in one swift movement she straightened and brushed herself down, fiddled with her hair, composed herself and to my relief went and did what she was told and parked herself on the sofa.

I sighed heavily.

I didn't need any dramatics. I had a job to do and I wanted it over as quickly as possible so I could return to Thea. My heart was already aching from the time spent away from her and it had only been a little over twenty minutes.

"Well?" she said, eyeing me as I stood there.

I calmly went over to her, sitting down beside her.