CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

HEALED?

OR ARE YOU STILL JUST REELING?

ARE YOU FINE?

HAVE YOU FOUND A WAY TO ESCAPE?

ARE YOU HERE JUST BECAUSE I NEED YOU?

THEA'S POV

The call came through on a Saturday afternoon; I'll never forget the date, November 2nd. It will be forever carved in my mind along with the date of losing Sophie.

It was a cold breezing day. The sun still hadn't made an appearance, playing its game of hide and seek behind the thick heavy grey clouds. Condensation ran down the length of my windows. Winter was brewing.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I was sat in my little house curled up into a tight ball, my body encased in my oversized sweats trying to keep warm, listening to the music which only reminded me of Matt. Day dreaming, wishing the hours away, yearning for tomorrow when finally I would be able to lay my eyes upon him.                                                                      

My phone sang out with a call, making me jump ten foot into the air. Lucie's name came flashing to life which I instantly found strange.

Why wasn't she using Skype?

"Hey Lucie, how you doing?"                                                                                                                                                     

It was quiet on the phone; just her heavy breathing could be heard.                                                                     

"Lucie?"                                                                                                                                                                         

Silence descended.                                                                                                                                                             

My heart froze in place, a feeling of anxiety washing over me.

Something was wrong.                                           

"Lucie, is everything ok? I urged.                                                                                                                                    

I heard her inhale deeply then in a cold, ghostly voice she broke the news.                                                                                                                                                                        

"Thea, its Dad. He's... he's ..." she struggled to speak.                                                                                                                                       

"He's what? Lucie, what's wrong with Dad?"