CHAPTER SIXTY

FREE ME,

FREE ME FROM THIS WORLD,

WE DON'T BELONG HERE, RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES FEELING CAGED BY ENDLESS RULES.

THEA'S POV

I looked in the mirror flinching. I hated my reflection now. All I saw was the girl who had destroyed her life.

I had chosen a long black maxi dress for the occasion which hung from my bony skeleton. I had lost a lot of weight over the past month, my breasts even smaller now showing little cleavage. My face looked a disaster area and no matter how much make up I applied, the dark shadows under my eyes still shone through. I felt ugly inside and out. I was thinking of cancelling but then I remembered Matt.

My heart picked up speed at the thought of him dressed in a suit.

The last time he had worn one was at a friend's wedding back in Exeter where we had danced under the moonlight together, our hands eagerly wondering over each other's curves. We had quickly raced back to the hotel room at the end of the night giggling all the way. Finally with some privacy, we tore at our clothes desperate for our bodies to be naked, falling on the bed in a heap giving into our desire.

Kate was picking me up on the way, a mini cab was booked. Sadie, Steve, Danny and his date for the night Louise all coming along for the ride with Rob and Matt already there welcoming the guests.

All day I felt tight knots in the pit of my stomach, a nervous thrill keeping me on edge, my panic and anxiety growing with each hour that past.

A beep of a horn announced the arrival of the taxi and after giving myself a moment to collect my thoughts I left the house on spongy feet, my anxiety and rising panic now heading into overdrive.

I opened the car door to familiar smiling faces. All eyes were on me as they welcomed me into the back of the car. I greeted them sheepishly.

I didn't deserve their acceptance.

"Hi Thea" Danny called over from the far side "It's good to see you, not seen much of you recently. This is my date Louise" he said introducing us.

I smiled warmly at them.

Danny was such a loving soul. He had made a real effort tonight. Rather than his usual loose hippy cotton shirt and trousers, he wore instead a brown and cream suit and even brushed his long hair back into a ponytail. He looked very smart. Handsome in a Danny way, the country flowers in your hair type. His date, Louise was little and petite with short brown cropped hair, a small frame, pixie features, pretty blue eyes and a beautiful flowing floral dress.