CHAPTER THIRTY

MATT'S POV

I WILL STOP LOVING YOU,

 WHEN AN APPLE FRUIT GROWS ON A MANGO TREE,

 ON THE 30TH DAY OF FEBRUARY.

The days seemed to be flying by ever since Thea had told me our great news. I sometimes still couldn't believe how lucky I was.

I would sit and stare at her belly amazed at how it grew, how her body was responding. In the last week I even got to feel the baby move. It was a miracle. An out of this world experience, the tiniest flutter proving she really did have my child in there.

I hated leaving them for work; the distance now was even harder to bear and although I was happy in my job I knew I couldn't stay. I refused to be a part time Dad and leave Thea to raise our child on her own, the weekends just wouldn't be enough.

So we had come to an agreement. I would stay with this company until our baby was born so we could buy a family home for them to grow up in. It wouldn't be the dream house I had envisioned but it would have to be enough. I would start looking for another job somewhere nearer where I didn't have to work away. I needed to be here now, to look after my Family, to protect them. I was also selfish. I didn't want to miss a single thing.

I always noticed when Thea had grown more. The weeks would add more to her ever growing belly, her breasts now twice the size they had been, feeling heavy in my cradling palms but I loved her body this way. It was natural, a beauty only a woman could hold.

She took to her pregnancy with elegance and grace. I watched as people commented on her bump, congratulating and cooing over her while her face beamed. I had never seen her so happy.

Everyone we knew was elated for us joining in with our happiness. Kate and my Mum were beside themselves already, planning trips out with the baby, looking for outfits and soft cuddly teddies. My Mum was even thinking of taking up knitting!

*********

I was relieved the twenty week scan was finally here.

I didn't let on to Thea but these past weeks I had been feeling a little anxious wanting to know if our baby was safe, growing how they should be with no complications or scares on the horizon.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok?" I asked as we drove towards Brighton Hospital.

I was going away on Monday regrettably and the company had asked if I could stay an extra week having an important contract to deal with in Nottingham. I hated the idea of leaving Thea and our baby for so long. I had done it a few weeks previous and every day felt like torture.

"Yes" she smiled reassuringly. "I promise, me and the little one will be fine."

"Mmm..." I eyed her hand stroking over her abdomen, the little gesture causing my heart to ache. "...Little one is a good name but we are going to have to come to a compromise on this name situation." I said.