CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL LIE,

A PERFECT LIE

My eyes darted open to unfamiliar surroundings with a low grunted noise beside me. My head was throbbing, my skin felt sticky from a layer of sweat that laid over me. My mouth was dry, so dry and a horrible tang was there.

What was that taste?

It was stale. Something which had laced my mouth all night.

Then a flash back: His tongue that tasted so sweet from the golden liquid.

My hands reached up to my mouth.

No! No! That wasn't real! That was one of my many nightmares I was having!

My stomach churned, my heart thudded loudly.

Another flash back: Being laid on a bed, his body towering over me, his hands and mouth greedily kissing my skin.

Bile rose in my throat.

It wasn't Matt! It wasn't Matt!

My mind kept repeating this mantra trying to let it sink in. Then the noise next to me suddenly grew a little louder.

I stopped breathing, not wanting to wake the beast from its slumber. I turned my head slightly.

The room I was in was darkened, the only light shining in through the open doorway.

He was laid on his front. Half his body covered in a sheet. I looked across to him, to the body I didn't recognise.

Where was Matt's perfect form? His solid, divined body?

Another flash back: His hands that seemed too small, kneading my breasts. His mouth sucking hard, too hard on my nipples.

I laid, staring at him; my mind couldn't digest the information.

I felt dizzy, my body aching. It felt bruised and abused. The alcohol was still swirling through my blood stream as I tried to recover, tried to make sense of the situation I was in, struggling to know how I ended up here.

Another flash back: Him entering me, numbing me forever. His hard thrusting, driving me deeper and further under. I closed my eyes; thinking only of Matt. How much I loved him, how much I needed him to take all my pain away. There was no joy, no satisfaction just the cracking and shattering of my heart and soul.

I quickly jumped at this new memory.

Oh God! It happened! It really happened! NO! NO! NO! My head screamed. I needed to get out of here!

I scrambled out of the bed.

As I stood the room spun wildly and the nausea threw me off balance, my hands reaching out for the wall to steady myself. I needed to get to a bathroom. I staggered forward slowly, uneasy on my feet, alcohol sloshing around within me. Tears started springing up and over flowing from my already sore eyes.

Right ahead I saw the place I needed to be, the bathroom already lit from the light which had been left on. I reached the toilet bowl just in time as the contents of last night came rearing its head up.