CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

MATT'S POV

WHAT A SCUMMY MAN,

JUST GIVE HIM HALF A CHANCE,

I BET HE'LL ROB YOU IF HE CAN.

CAN SEE IT IN HIS EYES,

THAT HE'S GOT A NASTY PLAN,

I HOPE YOU'RE NOT INVOVED AT ALL

We walked into the Brighton Centre, the large room decorated for Christmas, Wham playing their Christmas classic over the speakers. We seemed to be late everyone else sat in their seats, a noise of constant chatter enveloping us.

I heard someone call over as Thea pulled us towards a full table.

A guy slightly taller than me wearing a black suit and a stupid Santa's hat was stood to welcome her, his eyes lighting up as she grew nearer.

He embraced her, ignoring me completely in the process, placing his lips upon her cheek, his fingers running down her naked back settling just above her bottom.

I stood frozen, my eyes glaring at his wayward hand, my heart twisting with an unwelcome, unsettling feeling.

I tried to relax.

He was just being friendly. Maybe he had been drinking a little too much and had forgotten himself?

I forced my eyes away from his hands turning back to face them.

"Wow, Thee!" he greeted her, his voice full of appreciation "You look amazing! I can almost see your knickers, not that I haven't seen them before" He winked bellowing like a bear and to my utter surprise made her blush.

I couldn't quite believe my eyes as her cheeks heated for him.

In these past months I had come to notice this reaction was only ever caused by me. Even when Rob was trying his best to embarrass her, he still couldn't produce any colour but I on the over hand just had to look at her sometimes and she would turn.

I couldn't help my reaction as I bristled in annoyance beside her.

Why the hell had he seen her knickers before?

That same uncomfortable, overwhelming feeling washed over me once more, my blood heating in my veins.

This was obviously the Benson she had been talking about, the way he addressed her with his brainless nickname.

I instantly took a dislike. He was cocky with roaming hands and was still looking at her with hungry eyes something which Thea seemed oblivious too.

"Did she not tell you?" he laughed finally looking my way, his eyes now taunting.

But he didn't let me speak.

"A few weeks ago she came running into the office late as usual" he winked at her as I watched her eyes narrow playfully.

Was she flirting with him?