Childhood depression. (Niall centric/Niam)

I would like to thank Nialls_Chicka for the prompt!

I hope you enjoy!
*

Niall had been feeling down all week. His mother had gotten in touch with him, but he didn't want to talk to her.

Here's why:

When Niall was young his mother was an alcoholic and did drugs. It got so bad his mother had beaten him. Niall's  dad had taken Niall and his brother away to England. They had removed all contact from his mother.

Niall dad was very excited when Niall got through bootcamp. Even more excited when he got signed to the record label.
*

The boys were currently on the 'On the Road Again Tour', and were lucky enough to have a day off while in Toronto. Niall had gone out to explore with Mark, and he was having a great time until he got a text message from a number he didn't recognize. He stopped moving and opened the message.

It read:

"Hi, Niall its you mum. I know we haven't been in touch for a while. I'm so, so proud of you and all you success. I know you probably don't want to see me but I hope you will. If you do I will be at the cafe next to the hotel you are staying in at 4:30. If you don't show up I will leave you alone, maybe😜"

Niall was beyond creeped out. He wanted to go back to the hotel and be all alone.

"Mark?"

"Yea, buddy?"

"Can we go back to the hotel?"

"Sure. What's wrong, you seem tense." Niall handed Mark his phone mark reading the message. They made it back to the hotel within 15 minutes of when Niall asked to go back. Mark's hand never left Niall's back.

"Do you want to go see the lads, they're all in Louis's room?" Niall nodded.

Mark knocked on Louis' door, Louis being the one to answer saw the distraught look on Niall's face.

"What's up man?" Louis asked.

"Can you look after Niall for a while?" Mark said to Louis.

"Yeah sure what's wrong?" Mark handed Louis Niall's phone. Louis got this worried look on his face. He put Niall's phone into his pocket and grabbed Niall's arm, and pulled him into the room.

Once the door was closed Louis brought Niall into a hug. He heard the muffled cries coming from the younger lad. Louis led the younger, distraught boy into the sitting room where the rest of the last were.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, Louis handing over Niall's phone.
*

(About an hour later; Niall's POV)

I was cuddled up with Liam watching a show on TV.

"Liam?"

"Yeah love?"

"Can we go back to my room, just the two of us?"

"Sure. Let's go tell the other lads we're leaving, alright?" I nodded.

"Lads, we're gonna go back to Niall's room. See you tomorrow." Liam said and they all nodded.

Liam kept his arm around my waist as we walked down the hall to my room. Liam opened the door and we went to sit in the sitting room and talk.

"How are you feeling, Ni?"

"Alright, I guess. I just don't know why she would try and get in contact with me after so long. My dad made it pretty clear not to contact us. I don't even know how she got my number."

"What's making me nervous is that she's wants to me up with you alone." I only nodded.

"I think I'm going to meet up with here." I blurted out after a few minutes of silence.

"If you do I want you to take Mark, or one of the security with you. Alright?"

"I can't make any promises.
*

(The next day; 4:25 pm; No POV)

Niall had been pacing outside the café for a few minutes debating on whether to go in and talk, or turn around and go back to the hotel.

I walked into the little cafe and ordered a coffee. I turned around once I had paid to see the to familiar face of my mother. I walked over to the table and sat opposite of her.

"Hi, Niall." He tried to grab my hand, but I flinched away instead.

"Hello."

"How've you been?"

"Good, up until now." She gave me this look of shock.

"Well. You want to play that game. You are a worthless little brat, you don't deserve any of this." I saw her reach down to her purse. She had pulled out a gun. I put my hands up in the air. The other customers ran out of the café, the person behind the counter was on the phone. "Niall, why did you leave me? Why did you go with your brother and father? Was I not good enough for you?"

"Why do you think I left? You hit me! When I was 6, and you expected me to be able to trust you again?!" I heard the sirens from down the street. I looked out the window to see Mark, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Harry all standing there with wide eyes.
*

Before I knew a shot ran out, then another one. Before I knew it, I had these unbearable pains. One in my abdomen, the other in my left shoulder. A few minutes later I heard a third shot, but didn't feel anything. I moved my head with all the energy I had left to see my mum dead on the seat opposite me.

Everything after that was a blur. I looked around in the ambulance to see Liam.

"Hey buddy."

"Hi." I whispered weakly.

"Don't worry everything is going to be alright." I nodded.
*

(6 Hours later; Liam's POV)

Mark and I were the only one's left in the waiting room. The others had all gone back to the hotel. I told them before that I would text them with any news about Niall.

Waiting seemed like forever.

"Niall Horan?" Mark and I stood and walked over to the doctor.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's stable. The first bullet we took out was the one in his abdomen, it didn't hit anything important which is good. Everything is fine there. Then we took the bullet from his shoulder out. We had to reset some small bones in his shoulder. I do expect him to heal nicely. It may be away, but he'll he there."

"Can we see him?" Mark asked.

"Yes, follow me." The doctor lead us to a room, and let us be. I opened the door and walked in to see Niall asleep in the hospital. He had a thin blanket laying on top if him, making the bandages around his abdomen visible. His shoulder was in a sling with some gauze taped on.
*

Mark had gone back to the hotel to get some clothes for Niall. Liam had been holding his fans and texting the boys. He put his phone down when he felt Niall's hand move from his own.

"Hey, buddy. How are you feeling?"

"Sore, but not to bad."

"Well, good new is that the doctor is expecting you to make a full recovery. He said it may be a while, but you'll get there. Also, you'll get to leave tomorrow. We have set the entire tour back a couple of weeks." He sighed. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not going to be able to perform."

"Nial,l, we'll make you you can perform, you may have to sit and take it easy. But we'll make sure you get out their alright?"

"Alright."
*
A few weeks later Niall was back on stage with his boys. Niall loved the boys and his fan to the moon and back.
*
I hope you enjoyed.

Sorry if there are any mistakes!