Blackmail

Valkyrie stood at the entrance to the kitchen in Gordon's house. Her and Skulduggery were just having a relaxing day with no drama. At least, that's how they were planning for it to be. But as you all probably know by now, things never go to plan.

"So," Valkyrie said, breaking the silence. "Is there someone that you like?"

Well that had come out of nowhere. Now Skulduggery was frozen, and staring at her. At least, she thought he was staring at her, he could've been looking anywhere and she wouldn't have known.

"That's not open for discussion," he finally said.

"Aw come on! There's gotta be someone that interests you."

"There is," he admitted, and Valkyrie's eyebrows shot up.

"Who's the special lady?" She asked.

"I'm not going to tell you that."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No Valkyrie. She doesn't like me back anyway."

Valkyrie stared. "What do you mean she doesn't like you back? Who is it?"

Skulduggery sighed and walked out of the kitchen. Valkyrie followed, and she knew that she was being annoying.

"If you don't tell me I'll burn all your hats," she threatened. Skulduggery stopped walking and turned to her.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh you know I would."

There was silence between them for a few moments.

"Nope, still not going to tell you."

"Why? I won't tell anyone else! I promise! And if you don't tell me, I will go and burn all your precious hats."

Skulduggery paused. Damn.

"Who is it?" Valkyrie pushed. This time, her voice was slow, and menacing. And she was talking through clenched teeth. She was getting impatient.

"I'm looking at her," Skulduggery finally admitted.

Valkyrie just stood there, absolutely speechless. What? Skulduggery liked her? Why her?

"R...really?" She stuttered. He sighed and nodded.

"Yes. It's you."

Valkyrie blinked. Wow. And suddenly, she threw herself into his arms and it was her lips against his teeth and they were kissing. And everything, was perfect.