Two Little Girls

This one shot is dedicated to Valkyrie_Cain22
I love you Hun xx

"Oh my god."

Bella Pleasant paced back and forth in the flat that she shared with her best friend Karma Snow. Only, there was one problem. Karma wasn't here. Bella had tried to call her multiple times and got no answer. And that was odd, because Karma always answered her phone.

Now she was freaking out, and her hands were tangled in her long black hair, trying to calm herself. But she knew she wouldn't be calm, not until she knew that Karma was safe. She had called the other girls too, but none of them had seen Karma. None of them could help her either. The closest friend to her was Kalani, and she was three hours away.

She knew who she needed, and that was her dad. She took out her phone and he answered after three rings.

"Bella?"

"Dad! Thank god you answered!"

"What's wrong?"

"I can't find Karma anywhere. She's not picking up her phone either. None of the other girls have seen or heard from her."

"Calm down. When was the last time you saw her?"

Bella tried not to cry. "Early this morning before I went to get food. When I came back she was just fucking gone!"

"Watch your language. I'm coming to you. Stay where you are understand?"

Bella nodded, and the tears started falling.

"Okay. I'm at our flat."

*********

Five hours earlier...

"Leaving me so soon?" Karma joked, and Bella turned to her and smiled.

"We're almost out of food. I need to run down to the shops quickly."

Karma sighed. "Okay Bella, but I'm not coming. I need to sleep."

"More nightmares?"

"The same one," Karma breathed, and ran her fingers through her blonde hair. "Every night it's the same one."

"Hey," Bella said softly, sitting down beside her. "You'll never have to see him again. Remember, we caught him, he's locked up and he won't be getting out for a long time. You've got nothing to worry about."

"Tell that to my brain," Karma replied gruffly.

"Maybe some alone time will do you good," Bella said, standing up again. "After all, being around me can take its toll on people."

"I'm not sure how I should take that comment."

Bella grinned. "Take it any way you want. Now, get some sleep and I'll be back in thirty minutes, an hour tops."

"Don't be long. Please."

"I won't, I promise."

Then she grabbed her coat from the hook and her phone from the desk, and left.

*********

Bella waited anxiously for Skulduggery to get here. She was biting her nails now. Since when did she bite her nails? Since she was stressing out and was having an anxiety attack that's when! She jumped as the door opened and she turned. She breathed a sigh of relief and flung herself into Skulduggery's arms.

"God Bella."

"I'm glad you're here. I'm stressing out."

"Don't. We'll find her."